|Mountain savory essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Mountain savory essential oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||Mountain savory plant is inherent to Mediterranean area. Essential oil is produced in Morocco, Spain and Yugoslavia.|
|Colors||Colorless to pale yellow|
|Health benefits||Supports nervous system, Cure mouth sores, Treat infections, Cure insect bites, Relieve arthritis|
Benefits of Mountain Savory Essential Oil
- It assists nervous, immune and circulatory system.
- It is used as a treatment for diarrhea.
- It also counteracts respiratory and fungal infections.
- It is useful for insect bites, arthritic joints, hair loss and scalp problems.
- It should not be used on eyes and mucus membranes.
- Consult a health professional by the pregnant and nursing women.
- It increases the blood pressure.
- It should be used after diluting.
- Use it in normal amounts.
- Use with children under the recommendation of health care professional.
- It should not be used by the people with liver problems.
- People having allergy to Mountain savory should avoid its use.
- It is usually combined with Pine Needle, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Pine, Citrus and Spearmint oils.
- It is used in cosmetics such as soaps, lotions, body oils, mouthwashes and herbal bath bags.
Mountain savory essential oil facts
This oil acts as a great tonic for the body. It assists in the functions of nervous, immune and circulatory systems. It speeds up the formation of scar tissue and treats burns, bites, abscesses and ulcers. It strengthens immunity and boost energy in those having lack of energy as well as motivation. It should be avoided on mucous membranes and skin. The essential oils should be diluted with carrier oil before using.
|Name||Mountain savory essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Mountain savory plant||Satureja montana|
|Native||Mountain savory plant is inherent to Mediterranean area. Essential oil is produced in Morocco, Spain and Yugoslavia.|
|Common/English Name of Mountain savory plant||Winter savory|
|Color||Colorless to pale yellow|
|Flavor/aroma||Sharp, peppery, slightly sweet|