Millions of people are seeing the benefits of using natural herbs and oils in their daily regimen. These products can help with digestion, reduce stress, revitalize skin and improve overall health without the side effects of traditional medications
Oils That Provide Health Benefits
Oils that are extracted from plants are known as essential oils. Studies have found that these oils have a multitude of health and beauty benefits. There are over 90 oils to choose from, but let’s take a look at some of the most common ones.
- Lavender and sandalwood are popular remedies for relieving stress. Sandalwood also helps with focus and calm nerves
- Chamomile is successful in improving mood and aiding relaxation. It also Address skin concerns, promotes sleep and most importantly Alleviate anxiety.Chamomile essential oil is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to mankind
- Peppermint is used to increase energy and help with digestion. It also helps in relieving pain, prevent or reduce vomiting, help the body eliminate mucus, reduce muscle spasms and boost blood circulation.
- Jasmine has been successful in reducing depression and easing the pain and stress of childbirth. Jasmine essential oil is also very effective in reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Can also be used to heal dermatitis and eczema
- Lemon has been known to improve mood and reduce headaches. It also helps in stimulating the immune system, alleviating pain, and promoting weight loss. In addition to that lemon essential oil can also be used to address acne.
- Bergamot Oil extracted from fruit juice used to make medicine. Bergamot is specially used to cure high levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Bergamot oil can also be used as an aromatherapy treatment. But it should not be used directly on the skin. It should be mixed with mineral or coconut oil.
- Ylangylang a popularly used essential oil to address and cure problems like anxiety, Colds, Cough, Depression, Fever, Headaches, Insomnia and Muscle tension. Apart from that Ylangylang also act as a natural insect repellent which promote wound healing, and reduce the appearance of scars when applied to the skin regularly.
- Rose Oil helps in relieving pain and inflammationand improve the overall quality and texture of the skin. Rose oil is a well-known and the most widely used essential oils in the manufacture of perfumes and fragranced products.
- Tea tree essential oil has many benefits for skin and hairs. But one should not apply it direct to skin. It’s very important to dilute the oil with a carrier oil, such as almond oil olive oil or coconut oil.
Herbs Used for Digestive Purposes
When your digestive system is working at its peak, you will boost your immune system and have more energy as well. Herbs that are known for aiding with digestion include:
- Senna leaf: This herb has been effective in reducing constipation.
- Chia seeds: These seeds are successful in reducing inflammation, and they also rich in fibre and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Aloe leaf: This plant is known for its super-healing properties, but it can also help with digestive issues.
- Oat bran: Because it enters the digestive system with its fibre intact, oat bran is especially helpful in cleaning out the folds and turns in your intestines. It can also reduce the risks of heart disease and diabetes.
- Dandelion: This weed is full of many vitamins and minerals that help with digestive ailments.
- Dill: Over the years, dill has been used to help a colicky baby go to sleep. It can take care of an adult’s upset stomach as well.
Water, even though it isn’t an herb, is perhaps the most important element your body needs to help digest food successfully. Staying hydrated is a key element for health and wellness.
Herbs to Beat COVID-19
Moringa: During the COVID-19 pandemic, it ought to be your go-to natural herb for immunity boosting. So, what makes moringa such an immunity booster? It contains much more Vitamin C than even oranges. Vitamin C is the central supplement that our bodies need to form strong immunity.
Neem and Tulsi: Neem has an anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It helps in keeping the blood clean. It purifies the blood by flushing out toxins and this can strengthen immunity. Tulsi is another miraculous herb that is highly preferred by Ayurveda. This fragrant leaf can be your essential line of safeguard against COVID-19. It can successfully find germs, infections, and bacteria the moment they enter your body and demolish them.
Black cumin: Black cumin extracts can keep you away from a wide range of viruses and bacteria that generally attack our immunity. Both black cumin oil and seeds act as antioxidants and help flush out free radicals that are responsible for the weakened immune system.
Lotions and Creams for Healthy Skin
Lotions have been used for centuries to keep skin soft and healthy-looking. The best creams and lotions, however, are made with all-natural ingredients that don’t include harsh chemicals. Lotions should incorporate the use of superfoods, such as coconut, acai or banana to moisturize and soften the skin, along with minerals and vitamins to strengthen the skin’s cells. Cocoa butter and sunflower seed oil are also effective ingredients used in creams and lotions.
Creams infused with lavender help you relax before bedtime, making it easier for you to nod off. If you prefer a lotion or cream that is fragrance-free, you can find a large selection as well. Lotions that absorb quickly will be less greasy or sticky to the touch.
Adding essential oils and natural herbs to your daily routine will give you more energy and reduce the stress in your life. Once you try them, you’ll be surprised you ever lived without them.
Natural Oils and Herbs are generally considered safe if they are used properly.
For minor health issues, using essential oils and herbs as a complementary therapy is likely harmless.
However, in the event that you have a genuine health condition or are taking medication, you should discuss their use with your medical services expert.