|Orris essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Orris essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Iris germanica|
|Origin||In ancient Rome and Greece, Orris root was used in Rome and Greece.|
|Health benefits||Treat diarrhea, Cure urinary problems, Prevent inflammation, Enhance mood, Liver health|
In ancient Rome and Greece, Orris root was used in Rome and Greece. It was originated in Morocco. Orris root was used since ancient times as a vital component in concoctions of perfumes.
- It was used to treat diarrhea and cough.
- This oil is useful for urinary problems by increasing the formation of urine in both quantity and frequency.
- It balance hormones and prevent urinary inflammation.
- It lowers the chances of renal calculi, arthritis, sinus infections and rheumatism.
- It also treats anxiety, stress, depression, annoyance and mental fatigue.
- If used in aromatherapy, it provides relief from mind associated problems.
- It also uplifts the mood.
- It was used to treat liver diseases and skin problems.
- It is also used to cure edema and bronchitis.
- People with sensitive stomachs could get allergic reactions.
- It should not be used by pregnant and breast feeding women.
- People having sensitive skin should do a patch test before using.
- Allergic people should not use it.
- Use it in moderate amounts.
- It is used in making body lotions and perfumes.
- It is blended with vetiver, rose, frankincense, jasmine, all citrus, ylang, lavender, Melissa, silver fir, orange blossom absolute, carnation, neroli, inula, marjoram, sandalwood, musk mallow, bergamot, cedar, tuberose and geranium.
- It is used as a flavoring agent for gelatin, soft drinks and candies.
Orris essential oil facts
Orris essential oil is derived from iris plant that contains more than 260 species of flowering plants. This plant is grown in North Temperate Zone and also on the North America. Orris essential oil is extracted from two species such as German Iris (Iris Germanica) and Florentine Iris (Iris florentina). During ancient times, Egyptians used it in soaps to add fragrance. Romans used the extracts to make the hair fragrant and healthy. Orris essential oil is also used to add flavor to candies, gelatin and soft drinks.
|Name||Orris essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Iris germanica|
|Native||In ancient Rome and Greece, Orris root was used in Rome and Greece. It was originated in Morocco. Orris root was used since ancient times as a vital component in concoctions of perfumes.|
|Common/English Name of Orris Root||Orris Root Butter, Orris Concrete, Beurre d’Iris|
|Name in Other Languages of Orris plant||German: Iris, pale iris, flag iris, Queen Elizabeth root, orris butter,
Florentine Iris, Schwertillie;
|Part of plant distilled||Rhizomes or roots|
|Flavor/aroma||Soft, sweet, warm|