Demand for cosmetic corrections and enhancements is continuously growing in the UAE, especially in Dubai. In recent times Dubai has emerged as a cosmetic surgery hub that attracts people from all over the world. Dubai offers world-class medical services, prominent doctors, top-notch standards of care, and cost-effective alternatives. That is the reason why people from both developed and developing nations prefer Dubai for their cosmetic treatments. Dubai is now termed as ‘the Beverly Hills of the Middle East.’ Some of the most popular aesthetic treatments offered in Dubai are liposuction, breast enlargement, facelifts, Botox, body contouring, etc.
Men opting for Plastic Surgery
Contrary to popular belief, only women seek aesthetic treatments and plastic surgeries; men too are increasingly pursuing plastic surgery solutions. Most plastic surgery clinic in Dubai serves hundreds male patients for multiple dermatology treatments. While liposuction remains the most sought-after surgical intervention, non-invasive solutions like Botox, thread lifts, hyperhidrosis treatments are also in great demand.
If you are a man seeking cosmetic surgery, you are not alone. It is a growing trend. Nearly half of all the cosmetic procedures done in Dubai are done on men. If not higher than women, men are equally embracing the aesthetic treatments to enhance their looks.
The top 7 surgeries opted by men are:
- Liposuction: Sometimes removal of stubborn fat needs something more than exercise and slimming diets. Liposuction is a safe cosmetic solution where the surgeons suck out the fat from body in a controlled manner. Liposuction is also called lipoplasty. It is the most popular procedure of aesthetic body contouring. Some patients often combine liposuction with the tummy tuck, skin tightening, etc. One of the main differences between the liposuction of men and women is the areas where the procedures are done. Men usually opt for liposuction surgery for love handles, the upper arm, and the lower abdomen.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty or nose job is the second most popular surgical procedure done on men in UAE. Rhinoplasty can help in reshaping the nose and enhance facial harmony. The right proportioned nose can elevate the attraction quotient of your face. Apart from cosmetic reasons, men also get rhinoplasty to correct the structural defects in the nose.
- Gynecomastia: Male breast reduction or gynecomastia aims to reduce the breast size by removing tissues from the breast region. Gynecomastia is a medical condition where males may have enlarged breasts due to hormonal imbalances. The person having the condition have swellings of breast tissues affecting both breasts or one. The plastic surgeon removes the excess tissue, tightens the skin, and reposition the nipples. Some may even opt for a pec implant to define the contour.
- Penoplasty: The penoplasty includes the enhancement of the length and girth of a penis. There is both surgical and non-surgical procedural option for men. Penoplasty deals with only surgical procedures. The surgeon uses the fat from the other parts of the patient, sterilize it and transfer it to the dorsal part of the penile shaft. The patients usually recover within 2-3 weeks. You can also go for less invasive procedures such as filler treatment used by injecting hyaluronic acid.
- Neck lift: Neck lifts are an anti-aging surgical solution equally loved by men and women. Dubai offers both invasive and non-invasive surgical treatments. Men use cosmetic procedures to achieve a chiseled jawline and contoured neck. The neck lift can help restore youthful contours and reduce the signs of aging from the chin and neck. The surgeon may opt for surgical procedures like liposuction, cervicoplasty, and submentoplasty. The right surgery and candidates are chosen after a series of tests and the age of the candidate.
- Eyelid rejuvenation: Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery removes excess tissue from the upper eyelid making eyes look more alert and younger. The eyelid surgeries are opted by aged men with wrinkled or sagging eyelids. The blepharoplasty is tailored just for men because it not just corrects the drooping eyelids but reduces the puffiness of the lower eye. Rather than opting for significant changes, some aged men want to settle for more minor surgeries to enhance their facial features. Eyelid rejuvenation can help your face look younger and attractive.
- Chin augmentation: Jaw contouring and chin enhancement surgeries are gaining popularity in men. A well-defined jawline is the cornerstone of a balanced and attractive face. Some people have a double chin or loose skin because of aging or drastic weight loss. They can go for chin augmentation, also called genioplasty, to get a contoured chin, neck, and jawline. It is a permanent solution that helps restore a recessed chin. The surgery involves putting implants in the existing chin bone to achieve a more natural-looking defined chin and jawline.
Reason for the increase in plastic surgery’s popularity
The demand for both non-invasive and invasive cosmetic procedures has increased dramatically in the past few years. According to healthline.com, there are several reasons that are influencing the rise in the popularity of plastic surgeries for men. The accessibility and medical enhancements in the field of cosmetic surgery top the list. Other reasons for the increase in aesthetic treatment are:
- Social Media: People today live for social media and portray the best version of themselves for their followers. People are constantly clicking pictures of themselves and sharing with the world. Moreover, comparing themselves to the screen life of other people. The constant reminder and continuous monitoring of themselves influence them to seek a solution for defects that earlier would go unnoticed.
- Affordability: Be it the surge of cosmetic clinics in Dubai or the emergence of cost-effective aesthetic procedures, both have made cosmetic treatments affordable. Plenty of financing options also helps people gain access to expensive cosmetic treatments.
- Non-invasive procedures: Almost all kinds of complex plastic surgeries now have a non-surgical alternative. Skin tightening, lip augmentation, nose job, and breast augmentation can all be performed with no or very little downtime. The in-clinic procedures, though, have a shorter life span; they are cost-effective and less risky.
Vanity is not the only reason that drives men to seek cosmetic surgeries in Dubai. Several men chose extreme surgeries for drastic body transformation because of weight loss, accidents, etc. Though cosmetic element is the main reason men chose plastic surgery, there are some functional reasons too.
Cosmetic surgeries topped the list of medical tourism in UAE. According to Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Dubai has the highest number of cosmetic surgeons per capita in the region. Fueled by western influence and pressure by social media both men and women of all age groups opt for medical cosmetic enhancements. The number of men seeking surgery has jumped in the past 10 years and is expected to grow further. However, according to top cosmetic surgeons of the emirate, plastic surgery must be chosen for the right reasons. Use your due diligence and check the credentials of the surgeon before you decide on your doctor. In Dubai, all plastic surgeons must have a DHA license to perform any kind of medical procedure. Meet the doctor discuss your concerns and then decide the treatment plan.