If you’ve cooked the pot-roast chicken on here, don’t chuck the carcass out. Use it to make stock for this beautiful chicken soup. Add any scraps of leftover meat and you’ll be getting every bit of goodness from your bird.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the leeks and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and add a splash of water. Cover the pan and braise the vegetables gently until they are almost cooked through – this will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves, lemon zest and tarragon, reserving some for garnishing the soup, then pour in the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the courgette and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and cream and warm through gently without letting the soup boil. Add half the lemon juice and taste for seasoning, then add more lemon juice if you think the soup needs it.
- Serve with some of the reserved tarragon sprinkled over each bowlful.