- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (without flour).
- In medium bowl, place cake mix. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mix in opposite directions), until crumbly. Reserve 1⁄2 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom and 3⁄4 inch up sides of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Add apples; stir until coated. Spoon apple mixture over hot crust. In small bowl, mix sour cream, vanilla and eggs; drizzle over apples. Bake 40 minutes.
- In another small bowl, mix almonds and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over cake. Bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender and topping is light golden brown. Cool on cooling rack at least 15 minutes. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.