- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
For the Filling
For the Crust
For the Cherry Glaze
- 3¼ oz (90 g) maraschino cherries
- 4½ fl oz (125 ml) maple syrup
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4. Combine all the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Press into a springform pan, then bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes. Set aside.
- For the filling, in a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, maple syrup and salt. Set aside. Mix the gelatine powder and 2 tsp warm water in a small bowl. Heat the coconut cream and yoghurt in a saucepan for about 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Temper the egg mixture. Ladle the coconut cream and yoghurt mixture into the egg mixture. Work it in slowly so that the eggs do not curdle. Put the mix back into the saucepan with the softened gelatine. Heat for 2 minutes, then add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Heat until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool.
- Combine the cherries and maple syrup in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the filling into the crust, then chill in the fridge overnight to set. Top with the glazed cherries.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.