- Yield: 24 cheeseballs
- Preparation Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- 2 oz. (55 g) uncured bacon, minced
- 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. (225 g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup dehydrated onions
How to Make It
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add bacon. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisped. Remove bacon bits and place on a paper towel to drain.
- In a food processor, combine sharp cheddar cheese, full-fat cream cheese, unsalted butter, Worcestershire sauce, dried chives, granulated garlic, and black pepper. Pulse for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until a smooth paste forms.
- Add bacon and pulse for 15 seconds to combine. Transfer mixture to a 24× 12-inch (61× 30.5 cm) piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Gently fold the long edges of the parchment around mixture and roll into a log about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Twist parchment ends to close. Refrigerate log until firm, about 3 hours.
- While cheese log chills, combine poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, and dehydrated onions. Keep in an airtight container or Mason jar until ready to use.
- When chilled, unwrap cheese log and slice into 24 1-inch (2.5 cm) sections.
- Using clean hands, gently roll each section into a small ball and roll in poppy seed mixture. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.