- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 4 Hours
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray (without flour).
- In food processor, place cereal. Cover; process until crushed. Add remaining crust ingredients. Cover; process until crumbly. Press mixture into pie plate, starting in center and pressing up side. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- In 3-quart saucepan, beat egg yolks, water, 1 cup granulated sugar, the lemon juice and cornstarch with whisk until well blended. Cook on high heat, stirring constantly with whisk until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in ghee until incorporated. Pour filling into crust.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue onto hot filling, spreading to edges to seal. Bake 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.