- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 300 g small sweet potatoes, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks discarded, kernels removed
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 400 g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 small avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook sweet potatoes for 6–8 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Drain. Cut into wedges.
- Heat oil in a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Cook corn and capsicum, stirring, for 5–7 minutes, or until the capsicum is almost tender. Add sweet potato, black beans and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and milk together in a large jug. Season well with cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bean mixture and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Scatter with half of the coriander leaves. Place in oven. Bake frittata for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
- Top the frittata with avocado, chilli and coriander leaves. Slice and serve with salad leaves.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.