A popular way to enjoy the large shrimp caught off the coast of North Africa is to thread them onto skewers and grill them quickly over charcoal.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
How to Make It
- Peel the shrimp down to the tail, leaving a little bit of shell at the end. Remove the veins and discard. Mix together the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, and a little salt and rub over the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the charcoal grill. Thread the shrimp onto metal skewers, alternating with the tomatoes and green pepper pieces, until all the ingredients are used up.
- Place the kebabs on an oiled rack over the glowing coals and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, basting with any of the leftover marinade, until the shrimp are tender and the tomatoes and peppers are lightly browned. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.