I often alternate scrambled eggs with tofu scramble. Tofu is a blank canvas when it comes to flavour and this recipe is made using classic Scandinavian tastes of pine nuts, red onion and fresh dill, served with gluten-free crackers. These are the flavours I love to share with friends and family in Stockholm. Here the tofu takes extra zest and character from chives and garlic. The addition of wholesome spinach and avocado means this breakfast will load you with good energy for the day.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 14 oz (400 g) firm tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped to a paste
- a large bunch of fresh chives, chopped
- a handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 5½ oz (150 g) spinach or other leafy greens, washed, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled, cut into thin slices
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the pine nuts, nutritional yeast (if using) and salt to a crumble in a blender or with a pestle and mortar. Set aside. Press the tofu between two plates with kitchen paper under the tofu to soak up excess liquid, then crumble finely using your hands or a fork. Heat a frying pan over a medium/ high heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the onion until transparent. Add the tofu and season.
- Add the garlic and herbs and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and remove from the heat when it’s just wilted. Salt to taste. Divide the tofu scramble between four serving bowls. Top with avocado slices and pine nuts. Serve with crackers and spread with cream cheese and radishes.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.