Traditionally, fruit fools contained only stewed fruit and custard. Modern fools feature fresh fruit puree to create a brighter flavor and fluffier texture—they have become a classic in their own right.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Slice the strawberries so they are about the same size as the other fruit. Combine all the fruit with 1 tablespoon of sugar in a large bowl. Then pulse two-thirds of the mixture in a food processor to form a purée.
- Beat the quark in a bowl until smooth. Add the yogurt, vanilla extract, and remaining sugar. Fold the mixture gently, so that you lose as little air as possible.
- Gently fold the fruit puree into the quark mixture until no streaks remain.
- Fold the reserved fruit into the mixture. Divide the mixture between four 3½ fl oz (100 ml) glass jars or glasses, cover, and chill for 2 hours before serving. You can cover and store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.