- Yield: 20 cookies
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
How to Make It
- In small bowl, mix oats, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt with whisk; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add oat mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Shape dough into 16x11⁄2x11⁄2-inch log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unwrap dough. Using serrated knife, cut dough into ½-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or just until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.