- Yield: 10 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 1.2 kg side of salmon, with skin
- 0.33 cup walnuts
- 0.2 cup pine nuts
- 250 g reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon Zest and juice
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 long green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
How to Make It
- reheat oven to 160°C. Lay a large sheet of foil over a baking tray. Lay a sheet of baking paper over the top. Place the side of salmon, skin down, on baking paper. Lay another sheet of baking paper over the top, plus a sheet of foil. Fold the sides to seal and form a large parcel. Bake the salmon for 25–30 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Remove, uncover and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts and the pine nuts on a baking tray and bake for 5–10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Roughly chop nuts and set aside.
- Combine yoghurt, tahini, garlic, lemon zest and 2–3 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl. Season the mixture with cracked black pepper. Combine the shallots, mint, coriander, chilli, sumac, walnuts and the pine nuts in a separate bowl; mix well.
- Transfer the cooled salmon fillet to serving platter. Spread the yoghurt mixture completely over the salmon. Top with the herb and nut mixture to cover yoghurt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Scatter the cooled salmon evenly with pomegranate seeds, to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.