|Saffron Tea Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Crocus sativus|
|Origin||Greece or Southwest Asia|
|Colors||Rich, golden color (Tea)|
|Taste||Strong exotic, pungent, earthy|
|Health benefits||Beneficial for Menstruation, Depression, Anti-Cancer Properties, Heart Diseases, Stomach pains, High Blood Pressure, Aphrodisiac, Eyesight Protection, Colds and Respiratory Diseases|
The plant grows up to 20-30cm and may bear approximately four flowers. Every flower has got three vibrant crimson stigmas, that are the distal ends of the carpel. Additionally, it has got 5-11 white and non-photosynthetic leaves, known as cataphylls; they cover as well as safeguard the plant’s 5-11 true leaves, that are developing underneath the cataphylls. The final, proper leaves are green, thin, straight, and blade-like. The flowers, that bloom in October, are colored in a variety of shades of lilac and mauve.
The spice is very costly; it features a deep orange color along with a metallic honey taste along with grassy or even hay-like notes. It really is utilized to provide taste as well as color to numerous dishes, pastries, cakes, as well as liqueurs. Additionally, it is usually utilized as a dye.
Saffron Tea is gotten through the saffron plant. It is just a plant which grew in Asia and Europe naturally and from time has been considered to have even magical attributes. It’s been adored in times past for the spices it provides and up till now, its spices are still costly because it’s said that that you’ll be required at least four hundred thousand stigmas of saffron for making 1 K of the spice. However aside from its spices, the leaves of the saffron plant may also be utilized to make tea and also the Saffron Tea comes with numerous health advantages.
Nutritional value of Saffron Tea
Apart from their strong exotic, pungent, earthy taste, saffron tea is a good source of nutrients, vitamins and
minerals. Consuming 2.1 gram of saffron tea offers 0.597 mg of Manganese,0.23 mg of Iron, 1.7 mg of Vitamin C, 0.021 mg of Vitamin B6, 6 mg of Magnesium,1.37 g of Carbohydrate, 0.007 mg of Copper, 36 mg of Potassium and 5 mg of Phosphorus.
Health benefits of Saffron tea
There are numerous health benefits of consuming Saffron tea. Listed below are some popular and wonderful benefits of Saffron tea-
1. Menstruation relief
Saffron Tea has been discovered to assist ladies who have trouble with menstruation. Abnormal periods are something which some women have problems with and Saffron Tea is suggested like a menstruation inducer.It’s very powerful at this that it’s generally suggested that women that are pregnant shouldn’t take it since it is known to stimulate abortion in certain rare events.
Saffron Tea has been proven to be as good as some over-the-counter anti-depressant drugs. It serves on the nerves and it’s a really potent calming agent. And the good thing with the Saffron Tea is that it occurs naturally. That is, its calming qualities occur naturally and regular consumption of the tea would have the effect of preventing depression from occurring. The Saffron leave is known from ages past and give people a ‘happy’ feeling. However it is only up to now that evidence have already been investigated and documented to show that it may actually be utilized as an anti-depressant.
3. Anti-Cancer Properties
The rich, golden color of saffron tea originates from crocin, a chemical component within the flower which is packed with antioxidants. In accordance with Murray, crocin has got powerful anti-cancer effects against a large spectrum of cancers. The flavonoids present in crocin hinder human cancer cells and may possibly shrink tumor cells. Carotenoids, the natural pigments prompting the yellow hue present in saffron, protect the body from diseases, stress and viruses. Preparing saffron tea is easy. Make use of three threads of saffron or fewer, toss into hot water, and steep for a minimum of 20 minutes. Include a cinnamon stay with reduce bitterness of the saffron.
4. Heart Diseases
Saffron Tea has got components which decrease cholesterol within the arteries. This really is another important health advantage of Saffron Tea as the building up of cholesterol within the arteries boosts the chance of heart diseases. It efficiently thins the blood and enables its cleansing as such. Ailments linked to the blood like stroke, heart attack are others become less prone to occur whenever Saffron Tea is used frequently.
5. Stomach pains
Saffron tea reduces pain within the stomach. It’s been discovered to ease pain in mild and serious cases and regular intake helps prevent the appearance of such. It may also help to relief the chest as they can be utilized to induce vomiting. Therefore it serves as an expectorant that can help calm the stomach, chest and throat. This is particularly ideal for kids since it keeps them healthy.
6. High Blood Pressure
Saffron Tea has been discovered to reduce blood pressure. Crocetin is actually a compound which works on the blood pressure to lessen it and the Saffron leaves has this compound within its components. Frequent consumption of Saffron Tea keeps the issue of high blood pressure away.
Saffron Tea is recognized to behave as an aphrodisiac. The leaves are considered as such as long as everyone can remember and their spice aids in the libido and premature ejaculation.
Saffron Tea has been discovered to be beneficial towards ailments just like asthma and heart burn. The health advantages are plenty and the more research continues, the more discoveries are being made with regards to its benefits.
8. Eyesight Protection
A cupful of saffron tea might have the possibility to slow down blindness, in accordance with the article, “Saffron: Golden Secret of Clearer Sight” on the Inscience website. Research at the University of L’Aquila in Abruzzi, Italy, has generated saffron’s capability to protect vision cells thanks to its fatty acid content. When saffron is taken daily, the fatty acid content becomes tougher. Throughout the trial, eye charts showed remarkable progress by the patients. A daily cup of saffron tea protects the eye from bright light, and it’s also secure every day.
9. Colds and Respiratory Diseases
As a spice, saffron helps clear the lungs. When you’ve got a cold or respiratory illness, your lungs become inflamed. Drinking saffron can help clear the phlegm from your lungs and aid a quicker recovery. Saffron likewise helps ease asthma by reduction of inflammation and clearing your airways.
Traditional uses and benefits of Saffron Tea
- Cup of saffron tea may have the potential to slow down blindness.
- Antioxidants in saffron tea can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Those who need immune-boosting, anti-cancer, neurological and cardiovascular help can benefit from saffron tea.
- It is also helpful for those suffering from depression and uncomfortable PMS.
- Saffron tea can help in the repair of the intestinal walls to heal leaky gut syndrome.
- Saffron tea along with slippery elm bark tea is quite beneficial for healing psoriasis.
- Saffron dilates the blood vessels naturally to encourage sweating and opening of skin pores. It results in skin detox.
- Saffron tea heals the intestinal lesions and reduces gut inflammation, pain and irritation.
- Saffron tea, slippery elm tea and small amount of olive oil is used as a part of diet regimen to treat psoriasis.
- Saffron tea can reduce the intensity of hunger and can help you lose some weight without much effort.
- Drinking saffron tea can help you to stay away from unhealthy food without much trouble.
How to prepare Saffron Tea
To savor some saffron tea, add about 15-20 threads of saffron spice to the mug of freshly boiled water. Allow the combine steep for 5-7 minutes. Once the steeping time is done, take away the threads from the mug. Allow the tea cool for some time and then you can drink it!
Saffron tea features a pretty bitter taste. If it is too powerful for you, you are able to sweeten your cup of tea with honey or fruit juice.
Saffron Tea Side Effects
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should avoid saffron as its safety has not been tested.
- In rare cases, saffron may cause dizziness, nausea, drowsiness, headaches, changes in appetite and anxiety.
- For others, the reaction may be severe with vomiting, yellowing of the skin or bleeding from the nose.
- Those who are suffering from bipolar disorder should avoid using saffron as it may contribute to a manic state.
- If you have a heart condition, saffron changes the heart beat and can worse some heart conditions.
- For those with low blood pressure, saffron may lower it even more and should be avoided.
- If you have an allergy to olives, you may also show an allergic reaction to saffron.
- Consuming moderate to large quantity of Saffron tea stimulate the body metabolism to increase heat in the body and also, can cause uterine contractions.