|Spruce essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Spruce essential oil facts and benefits|
|Colors||Clear to pale yellow|
|Health benefits||Provides energy, Heal wounds, Respiratory health, Balance hormones, Muscle health|
Health Benefits of Spruce essential oil
Some of the health benefits provided by Spruce essential oil are:
- Provides energy
Black spruce essential oil assists in calming and relaxation due to the presence of monoterpenes that has positive effect on mood. It counteract stress and helpful for people with depression. About 10 drops of essential oil would be enough to treat this problem.
- Heal wounds
This essential oil treats wounds and speeds up the healing process. It prevent the infection of wounds and also provide relief from musclular pain. It is added to saunas, baths and also in aromatherapy.
- Respiratory health
The mixture of 2 drops of essential with hot water and inhales the vapor by covering the head. It assist the functions of respiratory system and provides better sleep. It is very helpful for a smoker.
- Balance hormones
The health issues are caused due to hormonal imbalance.The hormones make sure about the proper functions of organs that provides normal mood. Its imbalance causes mental and physical issues and bad mood. It also has an effect on adrenal, pituitary and thyroid glands.
- Muscle health
It is helpful for the people having muscle pain. It has an affect on blood vessels and also increase the blood flow. It provides relief from the pain. Rub with the mixture of five drops of this essential oil by diluting it with carrier oil to the affected area. It should be done two times in a day.
- It provides relief from muscle tension.
- It calms body as well as mind.
- The inhalation on palm lowers stress, mental fatigue, sluggishness and clears sadness.
- It is used to treat depression, hyperthyroidism, rheumatism, arthritis, stomachaches, dyspepsia, bronchitis and asthma.
- It is also used for poor circulation, pains, strains and muscle spasms.
- It lowers swelling caused due to arthritis.
- It also clears colds and flu.
- Massage with few drops of Black Spruce essential oil by diluting it with carrier oil. This helps to reduce cracking, dryness and peeling.
- It also soothes dry skin such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
- There is the possibility of skin sensitivity.
- Consult a health professional for use.
- The essential oils should not be used internally.
- The people allergic to pine family should not use it.
Spruce essential oil facts
|Name||Spruce essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Spruce plant||Picea mariana|
|Common/English Name of Spruce Plant||Black Spruce, Spruce, Picea mariana|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Plant part used||Needles|
|Color||Clear to pale yellow|
|Flavor/aroma||Fresh, earthy, woody, sweet|