|Tsuga essential oil facts and health benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Tsuga essential oil facts and health benefits|
|Origin||It is inherent to North America. It is usually grown in Ontario and usually found in Eastern Canada but except New found land and Labrador.|
|Health benefits||Treat skin problems, Cleanses blood, Cure bronchitis, Lowers tension, Treat pains and aches|
It is inherent to North America. It is usually grown in Ontario and usually found in Eastern Canada but except New found land and Labrador. In US, it is found in Alabama, Minnesota, Georgia, Indiana and Appalachian Mountains. It is also known as Eastern hemlock and Canadian hemlock. Tsuga tree grows up to the height of 28-31 meters. It was used by Native Americans for its medicinal properties. The poultice was made from needles of tree that is used to treat pain and heal wounds. The twigs are boiled and made tea that is used to treat gastrointestinal and digestive problems. It is widely used in Ayurveda and Chinese herbal medicine to prevent the health ailments.
Health benefits of Tsuga essential oil
- It is used to treat skin conditions, urinary/ kidney infections and venereal diseases.
- It is useful for respiratory problems and cleanses blood.
- It is a cure for bronchitis, flu, colds, coughs, stress, anxiety and muscular aches.
- It also prevents pimples and acne.
- It lowers tension and treats minor aches and pains of the body.
- It moisturizes the skin and also slows down the aging process.
- Nursing, pregnant women and people having medication should consult the health professional for use.
- One should consult the health professional for use.
- Do not use on mucous membranes, eyes and ears.
- A patch test is preferred for use.
- Breast feeding mothers and pregnant women should consult the doctor for use.
Tsuga essential oil facts
The aroma of Tsuga essential oil is grounding as well as uplifting. It is used in skin care products for its nourishing properties that make the skin supple and hydrated. It is used for its skin enhancing properties and adding scent.
|Name||Tsuga essential oil facts and health benefits|
|Scientific Name of Tsuga plant||Tsuga canadensis|
|Native||It is inherent to North America. It is usually grown in Ontario and usually found in Eastern Canada but except New found land and Labrador.|
|Common/English Name of Tsuga plant||Tsuga, Hemlock spruce, Eastern hemlock, New England hemlock, Spruce hemlock, Canada hemlock, White hemlock, Spruce pine|
|Common method of extraction||Steam distilled|
|Plant part used||Needles, twigs|
|Flavor/aroma||Fresh, earthy, woody|