|Uraria picta Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Uraria picta|
|Origin||U. picta, though widely distributed throughout the India|
|Shapes||0.4-1.2 cm long|
- The herb has healing properties that effectively heals fractured bones by lowering pain in affected areas.
- It is helpful in treating gonorrhea. It also manages the symptoms related to it such as pain in penis, vagina, abdominal pain, painful urination, pelvic pain, pus like discharge and bleeding.
- Roots are used to promote libido and sexual desire and maintains good sexual health, energy and stamina in the body.
- It is also effective in treating diarrhea and manages symptoms such as loose, watery stools, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, fever, bloating and blood in the stool.
- The herb has an expectorant property that treats respiratory complications such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and asthma. It also clears mucous from lungs and nasal airways.
- The antiseptic properties make it effective in treating bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
- It is used as a cure for malarial fever.
- It halts the growth of cancer cells and promotes the growth of healthy cells.
- It also manages problems such as anxiety, depression and sleeping problems.
- The plant is used as an antidote to snake bites in India.
- The plant decoction is used for gout, blood dysentery, bleeding piles, insanity, acute diarrhea, alcoholism, bronchitis, cough and difficult breathing.
- Pods and fruits are used for treating oral sores in children.
- Roots are used to treat chills, cough and fever.
- In Ghana, plant is used for treating heart problems.
- In Malaysia, leaves decoction is used for diarrhea.
- For cold, prepare decoction by boiling 10-20 grams of powder of whole plant in 400 ml of water till it reduces to half. Filter it and add some sugar and drink lukewarm.
- For bone fracture, take 5 grams of Prishniparni root powder and 2 grams of turmeric regularly for one month.
- Consult the health practitioner before treating any health ailments.
- Use it in moderate amounts to prevent any side effects.
- When experienced any allergic reactions, consult the doctor immediately.