We all know that a chiropractor can improve your posture and reduce back pain. But in reality, this is really just the tip of the iceberg. While certain chiropractors will specialize in certain types of care and treatment, receiving fully integrated chiropractic care from a comprehensive chiropractors office can treat a wide variety of injuries and ailment.
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, many chiropractor offices also offer many different types of healthcare services, including massage therapy, dry needling, acupuncture, and even custom orthotics. By offering more types of treatment, these specialists can treat an even wider range of patients and help you find pain relief, improve mobility, and boost your overall health and wellness. Here, we’re taking a closer look at the many different types of treatments that patients can receive from a chiropractor. You may end up being a little surprised that they do so much more than just crack your back.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is a popular form of treatment that can relieve pain, improve joint mobility, and improve your overall health. As a holistic and safe approach to care, chiropractic care can help patients avoid surgeries and medications. Treatments performed by chiropractors are often called adjustments or alignments. This references the movement of joints or muscles to restore proper positioning of the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic care can also relieve nervous system problems as the central nervous system is partially composed of the spinal cord.
Who Could Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is beneficial for those suffering from chronic back pain or nervous system issues, but that’s just the beginning. Almost any type of patient stands to benefit from the noninvasive and holistic approach to care provided by professional chiropractors. If you find yourself experiencing one of the following health conditions, visiting a chiropractor could be just what you need:
- Back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Nervous system issues.
- Muscle pain.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Limited mobility.
- Sciatica pain.
- Joint stiffness.
- Sports injuries.
- Car accident injuries.
Chiropractic care can improve your flexibility, mobility, relieve pain, and even help you build up muscle strength. This is why many professional athletes seek out regular chiropractic care to keep themselves in optimal shape.
Also, visiting a chiropractor can be helpful as you get older to help you maintain a functional and healthy body. Over time, both major and minor injuries become increasingly common. Chiropractic care can help you recover faster and prevent future injuries.
What Services are Offered by Chiropractors?
Curious about what all a professional chiropractor can offer? Take a closer look at some of the most common healthcare services and treatments offered by chiropractors. You’ll be amazed at what these specialists can do.
- Chiropractic adjustments: the core of chiropractic care. Spinal adjustments and manipulations works to realign the spine to its natural position which can reduce pain, improve mobility, and even improve your nervous system functioning.
- Dry needling: this is a common treatment type as dry needling uses thin monofilament needles to penetrate the skin and target muscular trigger points in the body. This process relieves pain, reduces inflammation and tension, and can also restore mobility. Dry needling is often used in tandem with other healthcare treatments to provide a comprehensive approach to care and recovery.
- Kinesio taping: For injuries that have caused limited mobility, kinesiology tape can be beneficial. By applying strips of specialized tape to certain parts of the body, a licensed chiropractor can improve mobility and support the overall recovery of your muscles, tendons, and tendons.
- Massage therapy: while massages certainly feel great, they can also work as an effective form of treatment. A professional massage therapist can utilize several massage techniques to help you relax and stretch your muscles while removing triggering points. Massage can warm up your muscles, which encourages natural healing, and deeper techniques can dissolve painful trigger points. Massage therapy can relieve pain, reduce stress and anxiety, and even improve your mental health.
- Acupuncture: acupuncture is a popular type of treatment in Eastern medical therapy that incorporates the use of very thin needles that activate your body’s natural healing abilities. In Eastern tradition, acupuncture aims to return the body to homeostasis. Science supports this hypothesis as research over the years has illuminated the effects of acupuncture on the brain with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and changes in the neurological activity.
- Sciatica treatment: sciatica pain occurs when the sciatic nerve is pinched or compressed. Whether caused by an accident or injury, sciatica pain can be extremely painful as it runs down from the lower back through the legs. Chiropractors can work to relieve sciatica pain and help you return to a pain-free life.
And more. While this list covers many of the most common services offered by chiropractors, it is not a comprehensive list. If you’re suffering from an injury, ailment, or disease (or even just want to improve your health and athletic performance), contact a local chiropractor’s office to see if they can help you on the road to recovery. If they can’t offer you an effective treatment, they may be able to refer you to someone who can.
Conclusion – What Services are Offered by Chiropractors?
We all know that if your back is hurting, a chiropractor’s office is the place to go. But did you know that these specialists can offer so much more in terms of treatments and healthcare services. While each chiropractor is unique in terms of what services they offer and the areas they specialize in (for example, some chiropractors specialize in treating sports-related injuries) most chiropractors offer a range of treatments.
In addition to spinal adjustments, these services may include dry needling, acupuncture, Kinesio taping, massage therapy, and more. If you’re experiencing chronic pain, limited mobility, or you’re recovering from a sports injury or a car accident, you should consider visiting a chiropractor. With their noninvasive, holistic approach to care, chiropractors can safely treat a wide range of injuries and ailments. With chiropractic care, you can recover and get back to that active lifestyle you love even faster.