|Wheat rolls Quick Facts|
|Major nutrients||Selenium (16.73%)
Vitamin B1 (10.08%)
How to make?
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs
- Warmed buttermilk (or milk)
- 1-1/2 tsp. of salt
- 4-1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Softened butter
- Firstly dissolve the yeast in ½ cup of warm water (not hot). Use the measuring cup to measure water. Stir after adding yeast in it with a whisk and set it aside.
- Then add softened butter into a bowl of a stand mixer. Add honey and cream it together with paddle attachment.
- Add eggs and beat by scraping the butter from sides. Pour it in your warmed buttermilk and yeast mixture.
- Combine in 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and 4-1/2 cups of whole wheat flour. Mix it well.
- After change to the dough hook, knead for a couple of minutes (to lose extreme stickiness). Add more couple tablespoons of flour if needed.
- Let it be in the mixing bowl and cover it with a towel and remain at room temperature for an hour.
- Put dough onto a floured surface and knead a few times with hands. Then cover it with a towel and let it remain for 3 minutes.
- Put butter generously on the bottom and sides in 13×9-inch pan, while the dough is resting.
- Cut dough into 24 even pieces. Use a knife to cut it.
- Shape dough pieces.
- Place seam side down in buttered dish- four balls across and six down.
- Cover the pan and let rise for another hour. (Set timer for 45 minutes, so that oven could be turned on to 350 degrees to preheat for the last 15 minutes of the rising time.)
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes till golden brown. Rotate them after 10 minutes (for even browning).
- With softened butter, brush the tops when they are taken out of the oven.
People who are allergic to wheat should avoid it.