Fenugreek (also referred to as Greek Hay and Fenigreek), is definitely an herb which is normally located developing within the Mediterranean region around the globe. Whilst the seeds and leaves are mostly utilized as a cookery spice, additionally it is utilized to deal with a number of medical problems in Egypt, Greece, Italy, as well as South Asia.
Fenugreek seeds have been discovered to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin (that is a compound which has properties much like estrogen). Various other lively components in fenugreek are alkaloids, lysine and L-tryptophan, in addition to steroidal saponins (diosgenin, yamogenin, tigogenin, and neotigogenin).
Fenugreek is surely an annual plant which is also referred to as methi in several places of the world. It really is indigenous to the Middle and Near East, and is also traditionally used on the Indian subcontinent. It’s got tiny circular leaves that may be dried, along with seeds. There is even proof that the ancient Egyptians understood the advantages of fenugreek, since fenugreek seeds have been discovered in tombs, especially of Tutankhamen.
This particular plant is developed in nations around the world, however the majority is grown as well as ingested in India. Fenugreek is fascinating, since it may be used for three distinctive reasons. The leaves could be dried and utilized as herbs, the seeds could be ground in a spice, and also the plant matter itself can be used as a vegetable, just like sprouts and microgreens. This will make fenugreek very important, since there are healthy attributes in all of those plant parts that may improve your health!The majority of the health advantages of fenugreek are due to the existence of saponins and fiber which it contains. Fenugreek is additionally utilized for herbal healing. Its seeds include a gumming substance known as mucilage so when combined with water, mucilage stretches and turns into a gelatinous salve for inflammed tissues.
Health benefits of Fenugreek
Fenugreek seeds are rich source of trigonelline, lysine and l-tryptophan. The seeds additionally include a great deal of saponins and fibers that may be the reason for numerous health advantages of fenugreek.
The health benefits of fenugreek consist of getting rid of anemia, loss of taste, fever, dandruff, stomach problems, biliousness, respiratory system problems, mouth ulcers, a sore throat, diabetic issues, inflammations, injuries as well as sleeplessness. It really is advantageous while pregnant, lactation and helps in enhancing digestion, along with numerous proper hair care purposes. Additionally it is proven to decrease levels of cholesterol as well as safeguard heart health, whilst concurrently improving the immune system as well as safeguarding you against flu as well as other infections.Listed here are well-known advantages of choosing Fenugreek
1. Home remedy for balancing Cholesterol
Research has discovered individuals who took 2 ounces (56g) of fenugreek seed every day had considerably (around 14 %) reduce cholesterol levels right after 24 weeks, and had reduced their chance of heart attack simply by more than 25 %. As a result, a suggested cure for lowering cholesterol is usually to take 2 ounces of seeds during the day. The seeds could be spread onto prepared food, or they may be consumed along with water if they’re in capsule form.
2. Controls Diabetes
Fenugreek helps you to relieve type II diabetes. In accordance with one research, it assists to individuals with Type I diabetes. Studies performed by Indian scientists stated that fenugreek included with type I diabetic patients’ diets assisted to decrease urinary sugar level simply by 54%. Due to the existence of the natural fiber galactomannan, fenugreek decelerates the rate at which sugar is absorbed into bloodstream. A particular amino acid (4-hydroxyisoleucine) in fenugreek causes the creation of insulin therefore, 15-20 grams of fenugreek is suggested for managing blood sugar every day. By gradually releasing insulin to the body rather than in massive chunks, overall bodily function is improved, and also the plunges as well as peaks of blood sugar won’t be an issue for diabetics.
3. Natural Cure for Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Fenugreek seeds include a large amount of mucilage, which will help calm gastrointestinal inflammation simply by covering the lining of the stomach as well as intestine. Therefore, for the effective treatment towards heartburn or even Acid Reflux, just spread 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds on your food. An alternative choice is usually to take one teaspoon of seeds and also swallow them with juice or water just before any kind of meal.
4. Prevents Respiratory Problems
Fenugreek disperses mucus from the respiratory tract to prevent bronchitis. Additionally, it benefits individuals struggling with long-term sinusitis by clearing the sinuses. A gargle prepared from fenugreek seeds can be quite useful in dealing with sore throats.
5. Home Cure for Fever
The Fenugreek herb is known in lowering fever whenever taken along with lemon and honey, since it nourishes the body throughout an illness. As a result, to deal with a fever, just consume one or two teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds 3 times each day with an herbal tea (such as green tea) with a teaspoon of honey as well as lemon juice. Several nutrition stores also sell herbal Fenugreek teas, that you can use rather than the green tea.
6. Breast Enlargement
Fenugreek is frequently utilized in several teas along with other products that assist in balancing women’s hormones and/or increase the breasts. As a result, a simple home cure for breast enlargement is always to make Fenugreek part of your normal diet. A typical suggestion is to eat approximately 3g of Fenugreek seed each day.
7. Remedy to ease Child Birth for Pregnant Women
Fenugreek encourages uterine contractions and could be useful to stimulate childbirth. However, pregnant women must only utilize this treatment for causing labor right after meeting with their doctor.
8. Remedy to Aid Milk Production in Lactating Women
Fenugreek is known to boost milk creation in lactating women. Studies have even demonstrated that milk production can boost by over 500 % within 24 to 72 hours after consuming this particular herb. Although not known why this happens, scientists imagine that the oil found in fenugreek seeds performs a role. As a result, a suggested treatment to improve milk flow is to consume one capsule of fenugreek seed (at least 500mg) 3 times each day.
9. Reduces Menstrual Discomfort
Fenugreek is recognized as a powerful substance which helps reduce the entire process of menstruation as well as reduces the related signs. It is really an emmenagogue, which means that it may open up obstructed menses to help make the most feminine of processes work smoothly as well as pleasantly.
10. Minimizes Symptoms of Menopause
Fenugreek provides the chemicals diosgenin as well as estrogenic isoflavones, that are just like the female sex hormone, estrogen. Loss in estrogen leads to menopausal symptoms. Therefore, consuming fenugreek reduces menopausal symptoms just like mood swings, depressive disorders, cramps, as well as irregular hunger pangs. Fenugreek helps you to monitor a number of other hormones too, keeping a number of other physical processes in line too.
11. Protects from Cancer
Research indicates that the fibers in fenugreek assist in preventing particular cancers. For instance, scientists at Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, found that fenugreek has estrogenic effects and could be a possible alternative to hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Other studies have shown that saponins and mucilage in fenugreek join to harmful toxins within the food and flush them out, therefore safeguarding the mucus membrane of the colon from cancers.
12. Maintains healthy Testosterone Levels
An Australian research reported considerable positive effect of fenugreek on physiological aspects of male libido and in addition discovered that it might help to maintain normal healthy testosterone levels. The research enrolled 60 healthy males aged in between 25 and 52, without erectile dysfunction and randomized to 2 tablets each day of 600mg Testofen (Fenugreek extract and mineral formulation) or even placebo for six weeks. The study discovered that Testofen considerably elevated sexual arousal as well as orgasm within the study men.
13. Aids Digestion
Fenugreek is considered to be a highly effective heartburn or even acid reflux remedy since the mucilage in fenugreek seeds aids in calming gastrointestinal inflammation, as well as covering the stomach as well as intestinal lining. According to the research published within the journal Phytotherapy Research, a 2-week consumption of a fenugreek fiber product taken 30 minutes just before two meals /day, by subjects with frequent heartburn, diminished heartburn severity. The study discovered that the effects were much like that of ranitidine at 75mg, twice daily.
14. Induce and ease child birth
Fenugreek is known to be useful in inducing childbirth simply by revitalizing uterine contractions. Additionally it is recognized to decrease labour pain. However here’s a word of caution. Excessive consumption of fenugreek seeds while pregnant might put you in chance of miscarriage or even early childbirth.
15. Ease women’s health problems
Fenugreek consists of compounds just like diosgenin as well as isoflavones along with oestrogen-like properties that really help decrease symptoms just like discomfort as well as menstrual cramps related to PMS. These types of substances additionally relieve menopausal symptoms just like hot flashes as well as mood imbalances. Women tend to be more susceptible to an iron deficiency throughout adolescence (initiation of menstrual periods), while pregnant as well as breastfeeding. Including green leafy vegetables just like fenugreek (methi) in your daily diet can provide enough iron. But be sure to include tomatoes or even potatoes to the preparations to boost the iron absorption.
16. Reduce cardiovascular risk
Fenugreek seed has got cardiovascular advantages because of the existence of galactomannan. It reduces the chance of heart attack. Additionally it is loaded with potassium that counters the action of sodium to assist manage heartbeat as well as blood pressure.
17. Remedy for fever and sore throat
Fenugreek whenever taken with a teaspoon of lemon as well as honey could work miracles to lessen fever simply by nourishing the entire body. The calming effect of mucilage in fenugreek can also help to ease cough and pain from sore throat.
18. Prevents Colon Cancer
Fenugreek has anti-carcinogenic possible. The steroid diosgenin in Fenugreek have been particularly associated with cancer of the colon prevention. In addition, the various non-starch polysaccharides just like saponins, hemicellulose, mucilage, tannin, and pectin, lower cholesterol levels as well as prevent bile salts from being reabsorbed by the colon. This could join to the toxins as well as safeguard the colon’s mucus membrane, which could decrease colorectal cancer along with other problems that can easily adversely affect the colon.
19. Appetite Suppressant
The natural soluble fiber galactomannan can swell within the stomach and therefore control urge for food by making you feel full.
Fenugreek is additionally utilized to deal with wounds, inflammation as well as gastrointestinal ailments. Fenugreek works well for combating free-radicals because of its anti-oxidant capability. In accordance with ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, fenugreek can be used as inducing labor as well as helping digestion of food. Additionally it is proficient at enhancing the body’s overall metabolism and health. Irritated skin disorders can also be soothed by the exterior use of fenugreek. In addition, fenugreek is utilized for fevers as well as muscle aches.
Fenugreek is regarded as a safe, herbal food. It really is utilized as a spice in lots of cultures as well as tastes strangely of bitter celery and also maple syrup.
20. Cure for skin inflammation and scars
Use a clean cloth drenched in methi seed paste for effective management of skin problems just like burns, boils, eczema, etc. Fenugreek seeds also aid in getting rid of scars.
21. Beauty product
Fenugreek is often an outstanding component for the home-made beauty product. Fenugreek may be used in face packs to assist avoid blackheads, pimples, wrinkles, etc. Cleaning the face along with water boiled along with fenugreek seeds or even applying a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves for twenty minutes in your face can function miracles for the skin.
22. Solution to hair problems
Utilizing fenugreek as part of your diet or even like a paste to directly apply in your hair makes the hair shiny as well as black. Rubbing your head daily along with boiled fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in coconut oil is definitely an exceptional cure for thinning of hair as well as hair fall. What more? Fenugreek is additionally excellent to keep the dandruff away.
23. Fenugreek Benefits for Men
Fenugreek is known as an aphrodisiac. It’s been discovered to improve the testosterone level in males. Additionally it is anabolic and men who are looking to gain muscles can easily consume this particular herb. High testosterone level works well for maintaining day long energy. It may enhance heart health and may maintain sufficient weight of the person. Additionally it is effective towards hernia pains and erectile dysfunction
Fenugreek Seeds for Skin:
Fenugreek is recognized as the Asian beauty secret for obtaining beautiful skin. It’s got germ killing as well as anti-inflammatory qualities. Research has noticed that methi seeds function as a highly effective external cure for a number of skin-related difficulties.
1. Cure for Skin Inflammation
It is really an herbal remedy for skin inflammation. It may deal with boils, abscesses, eczema, muscle pain, burns as well as gout among other issues. It may reduce local inflammatory pain as well as swelling whenever utilized as a poultice.
2. Cure for Acne/Blackheads and Wrinkles
Simply include honey on the paste recommended above and use this like a face mask on the skin to deal with acne. This could successfully deal with cystic acne too. It may be beneficial towards blackheads as well as wrinkles too. It draws out harmful toxins gathered beneath the epidermis as well as tones the outer layers of the skin. Therefore, both ingestion as well as exterior use of this really is beneficial to help you to get that preferred glow on the skin.
3. Anti-Ageing Remedy
Fenugreek is really a natural anti-ageing treatment too. It fights free-radicals within the body; repairs damaged skin cells; and regenerates brand new ones, successfully. All of these together assist postpone signs and symptoms of ageing just like wrinkles, age spots, facial lines as well as spots.
4. Exfoliates Skin
Fenugreek may be used to prepare a highly effective skin exfoliator. It efficiently exfoliates the face to disclose the gorgeous skin beneath.
5. Lightens Skin
Fenugreek may also be used to lighten up your complexion. It may also be utilized to deal with your under-eye dark circles.
6. Prevents Sun Damage
Fenugreek could also help safeguard the skin from the sun-damage. Usage of fenugreek is considered to work miracles in safeguarding skin from harmful radiation of sun as well as damage brought on by exposure to the sun.
7. Tones And Cleanses Skin
Homemade fenugreek toner can easily nurture the skin. Fenugreek seeds benefits to make skin healthy from within.
8. Treats Blemishes
Blemishes can be quite annoying. Even the most breathtaking face can look unappealing along with blemishes onto it. To remove skin blemishes fenugreek is a superb solution.
Fenugreek Seeds for Hair Growth
Methi seeds are incredibly efficient towards hair fall, dandruff and help to reverse baldness as well as hair thinning. Included in your daily diet or even applied directly on the hair as a paste, fenugreek could possibly be the greatest solution for all of your hair-related difficulties.
Fenugreek seeds or even methi include proteins as well as nicotinic acid that are a great resource for hair growth. It includes considerable amounts of lecithin that makes our hair strong and healthy, as well as hydrates the hair. It will help to lessen the dryness of the hair, cures dandruff, conditions the hair, maintains the scalp cool as well as treats a number of scalp issues. It really is impressive towards hair fall and offers strength in the roots.
1. Hair Loss
Methi is incredibly good at strengthening the hair from the roots as well as dealing with follicular problems. The seeds include hormone antecedents which boost hair growth which help in rebuilding the hair follicles. The herb also includes proteins as well as nicotinic acid; protein-enriched diets have always been recognized to motivate diminished hair loss as well as stimulation of hair growth. Higher concentration of protein within fenugreek partially describes the herb’s healing effects on balding hair. The lecithin within methi works well for conditioning dry as well as damaged hair. The natural tonic works well for moisturising the hair as well as returning the lustre and bounce. This is the reason methi seeds for hair growth have been a historical method common in India.
Dandruff is a very common hair ailment also it surfaces specifically throughout the winter months.There are numerous remedies and procedures to deal with dandruff and one of the most basic as well as an efficient cure is utilizing methi seeds. Additionally it is efficient towards a dry scalp as well as dermatitis.
Fenugreek seeds include lecithin, an emulsifying substance. Whenever drenched in water, the seeds create a slick substance that endows your hair with shine. This particular quality tends to make methi seeds for hair conditioning an ideal choice. Other natural conditioners just like curd and oil do not give the slippery effect on the hair as methi does. The mucilage of fenugreek replicates that slippery effect.
4. Reverses Baldness
Probably the most well-known purposes of fenugreek for hair is to reverse hair loss. Fenugreek consists of hormone antecedents that increase the hair growth which help in strengthening as well as rebuilding follicles of hair.
5. Repairs Damaged Hair
Wash the hair along with fenugreek soaked water to get sleek as well as controllable hair. Its natural moisturizing as well as conditioning properties nourishes the hair follicles to fix damaged hair.
6. Prevents Premature Greying
Fenugreek may also help avoid premature greying of the hair. Boil a handful of fenugreek seeds along with coconut oil and provide your hair a warm oil massage with it. Let it rest over night and also clean it off the next morning. This can avoid the premature greying of the hair.
History of Fenugreek
Among the world’s earliest therapeutic herbs known to man, the history of fenugreek could be trailed back to around 4000 BC in Tell Halal, as discovered by archaeologists. Additionally it is considered that the traditional Egyptians consumed fenugreek and used it to make kuphi, a kind of incense utilized for embalming the dead. The Egyptians additionally utilized the spice as prescription for burns and also to stimulate childbirth. Other findings show that fenugreek was utilized by the Greek physician, Hippocrates like a beneficial calming herb within the 5th century BCE. In the 1st century BCE, Dioscorides, another Greek, utilized fenugreek as a treatment for all kinds of gynecological problems, which includes infection of the uterus and inflammation of the genitals. Fenugreek was regarded as considerable within the Jewish religion since Jewish defenders of Jerusalem mixed fenugreek with boiling oil and also utilized the mixture to repel invaders from the city walls throughout the first Jewish-Roman war. Fenugreek have been venerated for its impressive therapeutic qualities all through history. It absolutely was a significant component in Lydia Pinkham’s Vegetable Compound, a well known 19th century patent medicine useful for menstrual problems. Today, India is definitely the world’s leading producer of fenugreek, followed by Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mediterranean region, Argentina as well as others.
Fenugreek Nutrition Facts
Amount: 100 g
Weight: 100 g
|Calories From Carbohydrates||190|
|Calories From Fats||54|
|Calories From Proteins||80|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||58 g|
|Fats & Fatty Acids|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Fat||6.4 g|
|Vitamin A||60 IU|
|Vitamin B6||600 mcg|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
Fenugreek Natural Remedies
Fenugreek is well known because of its cookery qualities as well as classic treatment for numerous conditions.
- Herbal tea created using fenugreek, lemon as well as honey (check below for recipe) is traditionally utilized as treatment for fevers.
- A paste produced from fresh fenugreek leaves used frequently to scalp just before bath helps hair regrowth, enhances hair complexion, as well as decreases dandruff.
- Fenugreek is utilized traditionally as cure for eczema, burns, infections, as well as gout.
- Fenugreek encourages uterine contractions and induces childbirth.
- Fenugreek extract have been recommended to assist in balancing women’s hormones as also to enlarge breasts..
- Methi might help decrease dandruff. So as to make a paste from it, soak a handful of its seeds over night in water and after that grind to the rough paste each morning. Now use this mix in your scalp and leave it for some hours. Then wash the hair with a mild shampoo or even shikakai.
- Methi might help decrease the itchiness as well as small bumps on the scalp that are a consequence of heat or even dryness. So as to counter these, soak fenugreek seeds over night in water. The next day, strain the water and also rinse the hair with this particular solution.
- Hair fall could be harmful to one’s individuality as well as self-esteem. So as to manage it, create a paste of curd (dahi) and methi seeds. You are able to grind them before you decide to mix them in curd and after that use in your scalp. Do keep it for around 30 minutes and after that shampoo the hair.
- Your pimples have disappeared yet have left annoying scars in your face. So as to lighten them, boil a few seeds of methi in water for 15 minutes and let it to cool. Strain the seeds and also use the liquid within the scars using a cotton ball. Follow this particular routine a minimum of for a week to find out results.
- Burn marks usually are difficult to get rid of yet methi might help diminish them over time. Very first, make a paste yet grinding seeds soaked overnight. Use this mix on the marks as well as allow it to dry totally. Now wash the spot along with water and continue its use on regularly.
- Methi can avoid the eruption of pimples in addition to assist deal with blackheads. Because of this, rather than the seeds, make use of the methi leaves. Grind them with just a little water to produce a paste. Now use it in your face during the night. Rinse it the next morning along with lukewarm water. if the skin is vulnerable to acne, it is advisable to utilize this paste frequently to help keep acne away.
- Swallowing a teaspoon of the therapeutic herb with just before having a meal is recognized as among the easiest fenugreek natural home remedies for acid reflux. It lowers belching, too.
- Mix two teaspoons of powdered fenugreek seeds in milk and drink this particular solution two times a day for around 1 month to help in the natural management of diabetes, particularly throughout early stages.
- Drinking buttermilk combined with half a teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder is really a beneficial natural cure for stomach ache.
- Prepare a decoction simply by boiling a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in 300 ml of water till the quantity of water decreases to half. Consume the resultant solution for 10 days to cure sinusitis.
- Gargling along with fenugreek infusion, 5 to 6 times per day assists relieve a sore throat. Additionally, it decreases mouth sores.
- Applying a paste prepared from fenugreek leaves or even seeds might help cure boils.
- When utilized as a douche, fenugreek decoction aids in the home management of leucorrhoea.
- Benefits of fenugreek may also be derived by consuming fenugreek tea, that decreases bad breath and body odor. It may serve as an appetite stimulant as well as beaks up excessive mucus within the chest. Moreover, regular use of this herbal tea lowers blood sugar levels. It calms gastrointestinal inflammation too.
- Boil some fenugreek leaves as well as fry them in butter. Lastly, consume this particular therapeutic combination 2 times per day to avoid stomach problems.
- Mixture of fenugreek seeds as well as yogurt works as a good hair conditioner.
- Cook some fenugreek leaves in coconut milk and add garlic within it. Consume this fenugreek home cure throughout winters to heal Arthritis pain naturally. Likewise, a poultice of steamed fenugreek leaves can be applied on aching joints to eliminate the pain.
- When coping with hemorrhoids, fenugreek sitz baths usually are extremely advantageous. To prepare this particular remedy you have to combine fenugreek seed extract in cold water.
- Having a cup of fenugreek leaves (boiled) together with honey assists reduce constipation. Follow this particular therapy 2 times per day.
- Prepare a paste of fenugreek seeks ground in water as well as use this mix in your head. Finally, wash it off after 40-45 minutes to deal with the problem of hair fall as well as baldness.
Other General uses
Fenugreek is utilized in the creation of cosmetics as well as soaps by a few companies. When it comes to odour as well as taste fenugreek reminds you of maple syrup plus some pharmaceutical companies’ utilize fenugreek extract to cover up the tastes of tablets and medicines particularly in some ayurvedic or even natural product extract based medicines. It really is utilized as a flavinoid in tobacco, foods and beverages and as a spice in certain food preparations. In India fenugreek leaves are utilized as a leafy vegetable.
How to Buy Fenugreek
Purchase fenugreek in accordance with your particular demands. In case you are buying to cook in meals, buy fenugreek seeds. However, if you are searching for the cure, you can purchase fenugreek as capsules since they can be taken in between meals.
Fenugreek seeds are typically obtainable in grocery stores, whilst fenugreek food supplements can be purchased from the local health store.
Usually purchase fenugreek from the store with higher turnover to make sure its optimum freshness.
Fenugreek Storage Tips
Fenugreek seeds ought to be kept in the whole form. Fenugreek quickly will lose its freshness as well as flavor once ground; therefore, if you want to utilize the powdered form, grind it just before use.
Whether whole or even powdered, fenugreek needs to be kept in air-tight containers in the cool, dark place.
Side Effects of Fenugreek
Whilst Fenugreek is usually regarded as safe whenever utilized reasonably, there have been reports of some minor side-effects. Nausea is certainly one typical side effect, whilst others have noted gastrointestinal pain (diarrhea and/or gas). Additionally, when utilizing this particular herb topically onto the skin, it is very important to look out for skin pain as well as skin breakouts.
Fenugreek use while pregnant just isn’t suggested, because it has the potential to stimulate labor. In case you are pregnant and would like to take it, you must do so only after consultation together with your doctor. In case you are presently taking any kind of medications, it is best to utilize this herb a minimum of 2 hours after or before these drugs. This will be significant since Fenugreek fiber has the potential to obstruct the assimilation of oral medications because of its mucilaginous fiber (which provides it a damp as well as sticky consistency).
- In large doses, fenugreek could cause birth-defects due to its teratogenic potential. It might be wise to prevent fenugreek supplementation while pregnant.
- Fenugreek seeds may cause internal bleeding.
- Skin irritation as well as allergy has also been documented along with fenugreek. Serious allergic reactions include chest pain, facial swelling, as well as breathlessness or even swallowing.
- Diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn, gas, bloating and urine odor is also another probable negative effects of fenugreek.
- People struggling with anaemia need to prevent ingesting fenugreek as it might hinder iron absorption.
- It may also result in thyroid imbalance, therefore avoid taking fenugreek if you suffer a thyroid problem.
- Because of the existence of diosgenin, women along with estrogen receptor positive forms of breast cancer might want to prevent herbs just like fenugreek, which might mimic the effects of estrogen within the body.
- Pregnant women shouldn’t take fenugreek without the approval of the obstetrics provider, since it might promote uterine contractions and induce labor. It might be advantageous when it’s time to induce labor, yet talk to your obstetrician first.
- Frequent topical usage of fenugreek could cause skin sensitization as well as irritation.
- It might cause wheezing, nasal blockage, facial swelling, coughing as well as allergy within the hypersensitive individuals.
- It may reduce the blood sugar to the higher level known as hypoglycemia.
- In the pregnant women it may cause premature uterine contractions.
- Eating methi seeds right before the baby birth can provide uncommon body odour to the newborn.
- It isn’t safe for the kids as it might result in the loss of awareness amongst children.
- It could cause gastrointestinal bleeding which ends black as well as tarry stools and also vomiting of blood.
- It could cause hemorrhagic stroke means bleeding in brain which leads to the weakness, numbness within the arms, legs and severe headache
A Word Of Caution
Fenugreek consists of mucilaginous fibre that has the possibility to hinder the absorption of oral medication. If you’re taking any medication, then consume this particular herb a minimum of 2 hours after or before these types of medications. Always talk to your physician before taking any fenugreek supplement. Additionally, children younger than two shouldn’t be given fenugreek in all forms.