If you are here looking for reasons to quit smoking, then chances are that you have already tried before and failed. I know from my personal experience that quitting smoking is not an easy task and it will take a lot of courage and mindset.
It has been 2 years since I had my last puff and I can assure you that it was totally worth quitting. A few years ago, I used to think that was not really a big deal, but now I know it is, so it is worth taking a risk.
Since I stopped, I cannot express what kind of a positive impact it has put on my life. Today, I am here to give you 7 reasons why you should Quit Smoking.
7 Reasons Why You Should Quit Smoking: –
- Get out of Debt: – Smoking does not come for free. It actually costs a huge amount of money once you get whole-heartedly involved to it. Now that I think about it, kind of makes me smile that I used to ruin my lifestyle and paid money for it.
If you smoke about half a pack every day, it will cost you about $35 a week on average. That might not seem like a lot of money, but if you add it up, then it can even pay for your child’s college fees.
You can use the extra money to get out of debt by paying your minimum fee for loans and mortgages etc.
- Better Relationships: – Hugging your partner and when about to kiss her, that bad smell of smoke is not going to be pleasant for her. If you don’t care about yourself, then quit for your partner at least.
Around 600,000 people get killed due to passive smoking. Thus, just stop for the sake of your family.
- Get Fit: – If you want to get fit or lose weight, then smoking is not helping you. Smoking affects your heart and lungs and the moment you stop it, it will do miracles for you. After all, all the bodybuilders and fitness experts don’t smoke, right?
- Premature Aging: – One of the worst effects of smoking cigarettes is that it makes aging fast. After studies, it has been found that the skin changes, like deep wrinkling and leathery skin. It deprives your skin tissue of oxygen and reduces blood flow.
- Feel Healthier: – By stopping smoking, you will feel healthier soon enough. You will reduce the chances of getting lung cancer or heart attack or a stroke. As I said before, smoking reduces the amount of oxygen in your body, which leads to less blood flow in your arteries.
When blood flow reduces in arteries, it starts to clot there and it can form a blockage big enough to get a cardiac arrest.
- You will Smell better: – Once you quit smoking, everything you own will start to smell fresh. Your clothes, hair, lips, breath, home, car, etc. Everything will smell fresh.
Your lips will not just smell fresh, it will also feel soft. Smoking makes the skin on your lips rough and black. Just quit it for a while and your partner will be able to tell the difference.
- You will get whiter teeth: – Recent studies have found that smoking leads to yellow teeth and smelly mouth. Once you stop smoking, you will see your teeth go whiter and your mouth will start to smell fresh as well.
There you go, 7 reasons for you to quit smoking. If you still think smoking is fine, then just take a look at your family. Consider your child or your younger siblings. What kind of an idol will you become to them?