Someone may ask, where does the double chin fat come from? As we grow older, the skin’s elasticity reduces, resulting in excess skin under the chin that eventually causes a double chin. To prevent this from happening, do you always involve yourself with some exercise or check on your diet? Doing some exercise and eating healthy are the essential steps to keep your body healthy. However, most individuals need to learn the importance of facial movements and healthy eating. The good news is that you can sharpen your jawline and eliminate your double chin with targeted exercises. The article below will take you through some exercises and home remedies for a smooth double chin removal process.
Exercises to reduce the double chin
- Kissing the ceiling: Are you wondering how you can even kiss the ceiling, yet it is far away? The exercise is highly effective as it is just a simple task of looking up while engaging the chin muscles, hence burning out some fat. Keep your back and shoulders straight, tilt your head, and look up. Hold this for around 15-30 seconds, then relax. Do this exercise daily, repeatedly, and you will spot some results even after one week.
- Sticking out your tongue: You can engage in this type of exercise well, especially with small kids; this type of exercise has some chin-defining benefits. Have you ever tried doing this for recreational purposes? What did you feel after doing that? Sticking your tongue strengthens your chin muscles and removes excess fat in the chin area. To do this well, ensure your back is straight, then look ahead. After this, open your mouth and stick your tongue as far as possible, hold it for around 5 seconds, then relax. Do this exercise repeatedly, at least ten times a day, and check out the results.
- Tongue press: It is one of the most straightforward exercises to reduce double chin fat. First, ensure that your back and shoulders are straight, tilt your head back, then look upwards. While doing this, press your tongue to the roof until your chin tightens. Hold the same for ten seconds, then relax, and do this exercise frequently for good results.
- Jaw jut: You will discover one main thing from all the exercises described above: keeping your back and shoulders straight and then tilting your head up. This one is entirely different, and it involves pushing your lower jaw forward, holding it for five seconds, then you relax. For effective exercise, resisting the urge to move your neck with your jaw is essential. Repeat this same exercise around ten times daily for accurate results.
Home remedies for double chin reduction
Some may find it challenging to exercise to reduce their double chin. However, such people are included as there are some home remedies for its reduction. Below are some of the treatments.
- Massage: Massaging your face may help reduce your double chin; you can massage the skin below or even use some oil. The massage process improves blood circulation in the jaw area. When you rub and pair it with laser therapy, you get rid of the fat under your chin, reducing your double chin. However, as you massage yourself, ensure that the oil you use doesn’t affect your skin.
- Having some green tea: Green tea is packed with antioxidant properties that promote weight loss, and as you lose weight, you also lose double chin. Have you ever had green tea or wondered how you should take it? To taste, you will need green tea, hot water, and honey. Add the green tea to your cup of water, stir for around 10 mins, add honey to taste, then take it immediately. It would help if you did this twice daily, and you would see some results.
- Vitamin E: It also contains antioxidant properties that protect your skin from damage and keep it moisturized. Regular use of vitamin E oil may reduce the appearance of the double chin. What do you need? It would be best if you had vitamin E capsules, extract oil from them, apply and massage on the lower jaw, and then leave it overnight, and this should be done once daily.
- Cocoa butter: The butter possesses moisturizing properties with some vitamin E. It also increases skin elasticity, reducing the appearance of your double chin. You only need two tablespoons of cocoa butter; heat it well, and massage your upper neck and jaw. Then you can either wash it after 30 minutes or stay with it overnight. You are always advised to do this once a day for better results.
Here are other tricks and tips to help you strengthen your jaws. Some tricks include: rolling your neck frequently, chewing gum, and having a tennis ball chin roll. Doing the above will also assist you in your double chin removal process. However, always have plans to maintain your body as you do this. Have healthy meals that do not make you gain too much fat, massage or steam your face frequently and exercise to burn some calories.
Apart from exercise, always ensure that you have a healthy diet that prevents you from gaining weight; the more you gain weight, the more the double chin increases. Some things to consume include: drinking lots of water, eating more vegetable meals, consuming coconut oil while cooking, drinking lemon juice on an empty stomach, and lastly, consuming some aloe vera juice once daily. Taking the above diet will help you reduce your weight, reducing the double chin automatically. However, as there are meals to reduce fat in your body, there are also other meals to prevent its intake. Frozen and packaged foods, aerated drinks, and refined sugar are some things to avoid. However, some people might be unable to reduce it as it is in their genes. If you have this challenge, it would be better to consult a healthcare provider who would provide you with some medications. Was this article helpful? Try the exercise and succeed on your journey to reducing or removing your double chin.