|Benefits and uses of Capsaicin Cream Quick Facts|
|Name:||Benefits and uses of Capsaicin Cream|
|Origin||John Clough Thresh isolated Capsaicin firstly. In 1919, E.K. Nelson determines the chemical structure of capsaicin.|
|Health benefits||Relieve pain associated with sprains, arthritis, strains, backaches, bruises, nerve pain and neuralgia|
John Clough Thresh isolated Capsaicin firstly. In 1919, E.K. Nelson determines the chemical structure of capsaicin. In 1930, Stephan F. Darling and Ernst Spath synthesized it. Chili peppers are being used for more than 6000 years. Native Americans used to rub chili pepper pods to the gums which provide relief from tooth pain.
- It provides relief from joint and muscle pain related to sprains, arthritis, strains, backaches and bruises.
- It is also used to treat nerve pain.
- It is used to provide relief from neuralgia.
- Avoid if one is allergic to the ingredient found in capsaicin cream.
- Consult the doctor for use by pregnant, breast feeding woman, taking prescription, wound, damaged or irritated skin.
- If the side effects are severe then consult the doctor immediately.
- One should avoid the contact with nose, eyes and mouth. If it gets into eyes then it should be rinsed with cool water immediately.
- It should not be used for more than prescribed period.
- It should not be inhaled or swallowed.
- It might cause sneezing, coughing and respiratory or throat irritation.
- In case of severe itching or burning, wash it with cold water and soap.
- It should not be used by the children below 18 years of age.
How to use
- Along with capsaicin cream, an extra patient leaflet is accessible.
- It should be applied upto covering the affected area and should be massaged gently till the medicine disappears on the skin.
- After using capsaicin cream, one should wash hands with soap and water instantly.
- If it is used on hands then one should allow for 30 minutes to absorb before washing it. One should avoid touching the damaged skin, nose, eyes, mouth, mucous membrane and contact lenses during this time. After 30 minutes, you’re your hands.
- It should not be applied to damaged, irritated and broken skin or wounds.
- The affected area should not be wrapped or bandaged.
- It should not be used along with heating pad.
- The treated area should not be exposed to direct sunlight or heat because it might increase the chances of itching or burning.
- It should not be used soon after swimming, bathing, sunbathing, hot tub or after heat exposure.
- It should be used continuously as directed by physician or doctor.
Capsaicin Cream facts
It is made from the pepper plant and is considered to be a painkiller. It is used topically to provide relief from the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and neuralgic pain. The topical use of capsaicin cream helps to provide relief from the pain. It stimulates and lowers the pain intensity in the body. Firstly, it creates stinging or burning sensation which might be unpleasant for some people. It is caused due to the release of pain transmitting chemical to the skin from nerves which is sensed by the body as stinging or burning. It does not cure the condition but could reduce the pain. It is available in form of lotion, gel, cream, patch, ointment, pad, liquid or stick.
|Name||Benefits and uses of Capsaicin Cream|
|Native||John Clough Thresh isolated Capsaicin firstly. In 1919, E.K. Nelson determines the chemical structure of capsaicin. In 1930, Stephan F. Darling and Ernst Spath synthesized it. Chili peppers are being used for more than 6000 years. Native Americans used to rub chili pepper pods to the gums which provide relief from tooth pain.|
|How to use||