|Black Seed Oil facts and health benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Black Seed Oil facts and health benefits|
|Origin||It is originated from North Africa, Asia and Europe.|
|Health benefits||Prevent cancer, Prevent liver ailments, Treat diabetes, Assist to lose weight, Skin health|
Health Benefits of Black seed oil
The health benefits provided by Black seed oil are discussed below:
- Prevent cancer
Thymohydroquinone and thymoquinone has antitumor activity and lowers the chances of tumor by 52%. It helps to prevent the chances of cancer. It provides anti-tumor effects that helps to lower the chances of lung, pancreatic, prostate and colon cancer.
- Prevent liver problems
Black seed oil is helpful for those who have weak liver function caused due to alcohol consumption, medication side effects. It could also speeds up the healing process. It is helpful to prevent the disease and damage related to the liver functions.
- Treat diabetes
The article shows that Black seed oil assist in the regeneration of pancreatic beta cells, raises the reduced serum insulin and also lowers the increased serum glucose. It helps to prevent the chances of both type 2 and type 1 diabetes. It improves the tolerance of glucose.
- Assist losing weight
Nigella sativa possess anti-inflammatory properties that assist people who are struggling in losing weight and also helps the diabetic patients. It lowers the triggers of weight gain.
- Healthy hair
Black seed oil assist in restoration of hair loss. It possesses anti-microbial and anti-oxidant properties. It strengthens hair follicles and hair roots.
- Skin health
Black seed oil assist healing of the skin. Melanin is the pigments which help to prevent skin from damage. It provides the skin and eyes its individual color. It lowers the severity of hand eczema.
- Prevent infections
Black seed oil helps to eliminate Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. The people having weak immune system are at the highest risk. Black seed oil helps to slow down or eliminate it being spread.
- It provides relief from inflammation.
- It helps to treat asthma and high blood pressure.
- Due to its anti-fungal properties, it prevents the infections of yeast.
- The oral use of Black seed oil lowers symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It lowers inflammation in airways and is helpful for bronchitis symptoms.
- The black seed oil provides relief from stomach cramps and pain.
- It also reduces stomach bloating, gas and ulcers.
- The topical application of Black seed oil helps to treat cancers as well.
- It is also helpful for acne.
- The application of Black seed oil makes the hair soft.
- The application of Black seed oil lowers the chances of psoriasis plaques.
- It is used to moisturize the skin.
- It assists in healing of wounds.
- It helps to treat alopecia by growing back the hair again.
- It provides relief from the pain caused due to toothache.
- Insect bite could be treated by dipping the affected part of the body to the mixture of 8 to 10 drops of black seed oil to the warm water. It lowers the pain and stinginess.
- It prevents the allergic symptoms such as sickness, sneezing, burning sensation, red eyes and watering.
- Add 8 to 10 drops of Black seed oil to the water and spray it to the body. This helps to overcome fever.
- It promotes the lipid profile and reduces level of cholesterol.
- It provides better sleep.
- Use few drops of Black seed oil to the nose for curing sinusitis.
- The joint pain could be relieved by applying warm Black seed oil.
- Not to be used for children.
- People allergic to Black seed should avoid this oil.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not use it.
Black seed oil facts
The plant of Nigella Sativa is used to extract Black seed oil. The seeds have various health benefits. It belongs to the buttercup family. It is used to treat hypertension and allergies. It also counteracts the health ailments such as MRSA, cancer and H. Pylori infection. This oil possesses three compounds such as thymohydroquinone, thymoquinone and thymol which helps to prevent fungal infections.
|Name||Black Seed Oil facts and health benefits|
|Scientific Name||Nigella Sativa|
|Native||It is originated from North Africa, Asia and Europe.|
|Common/English Name||Black Coriander Oil, Black Oil|
|Name in Other Languages of Black seed||Arabic: Habbat Al-Barakah (حبة البركة);
Persian: Siyah Daneh (سیاهدانه);
Kurdish: Rashkeh (Reşke);
Hebrew: Ketzakh (קצח);
Turkish: çörek out;
Assamese: Kalzira (কালজীৰা), Kolazira (ক’লাজীৰা);
Cypriot Turkish: Garacocco;
Kannada: Krishna Jeerige (ಕೃಷ್ಣ ಜೀರಿಗೆ);
Bengali: Kalojira (কালোজিরা);
Hindi: Kalauṃjī (कलौंजी), Kaloṃjī (कलोंजी), Maṃgarail (मंगरैल);
Tamil: Kalonji (கருஞ்சீரகம்);
Urdu: Kaloṃjī (كلونجى);
Malayalam: Karim Jeerakam (കരിംജീരകം);
Indonesian: Jintan hitam