|Bladderwort Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Utricularia vulgaris|
|Origin||It is found in Asia and Europe.|
- Internally it is used for treating urinary tract disorders and externally for burns.
- It is used for kidney stones and urinary tract infections.
- Bladderwort is used for treating fluid retention, spasms and swelling, promote weight loss and stimulate gallbladder secretions.
- Apply Bladder to the skin directly for burns and inflammation.
- Use it as a poultice for wounds.
How to Eat
Dried leaves are used to make medicinal tea.
- Self-pollination is a part of reproductive cycle of some species of Bladderwort.
- Fruit is spherical shaped capsule which consists of numerous small seeds.
- It is propagated by division of stem and seeds.
- It is not a source of food for other animals but provides shelter for aquatic creatures.
- Bladderworts are cultivated for its ornamental flowers.