There’s something mystical and effective about essential oils that can turn many a skeptic into a believer. Essential oils have been around for hundreds of years. Knowledge about the specific combinations and remedies for certain ailments has been passed down from generation to generation.
Perhaps the simplicity of essential oils is what captures the imagination. There’s also the alluring fact that essential oils are much closer to Mother Nature compared to mass-produced pharmaceuticals.
If you’re not sure how to incorporate these oils into your lifestyle and to benefit your health, read on.
The Benefits of Essential Oils
- They are often less expensive than pharmaceutical brands that have been clinically tested.
- The natural properties found in essential oils have fewer side effects than pharmaceuticals.
- The process of extracting and manufacturing essential oils is less harmful to the environment.
Although the benefits of essential oils outweigh the drawbacks, it should be noted most essential oils have not been clinically tested. The total effect it can have on your body — whether positive or negative — has not been fully tested and documented.
For this reason, a clear understanding of basic first aid is a wise addition to preparing to care for your family the natural way. First Aid classes from a reputable organization like Lifesaver education will empower you when a more serious situation arises. First aid together with natural remedies can help you stay in control of many medical scenarios in your home.
Which conditions can you treat with essential oils? Keep reading.
Five Common Ailments That Can Be Cured By Essential Oils
- Tummy ache: studies have shown using peppermint oil on your skin when having spasms in your digestive tract can relieve the pain. You can simply massage gently over your stomach and feel the relief.
- Blocked nose: if you’re suffering from a blocked nose caused by allergies, sinuses or a cold, eucalyptus oil is your lifesaver. It has unique properties that help clear up phlegm and assists you to breathe easier. You only need to breathe in the scent of the oil for immediate relief.
- Skin issues and insect bites: the use of lavender oil can be varied but in the case of itchy skin or any insect bites, lavender oil will soothe the infected area. You can simply apply it to your skin or add a few drops to your bath water.
- Minor cuts: tea tree oil is known to be an effective antiseptic. It helps prevent further infection of cuts and bruises. Simply apply directly to the affected area as a preventative cure.
- Headaches: Rosemary is amazing in food but has even better effects when you have a headache. It helps relieve tension. Simply massage a few drops of rosemary oil into the skin near your temples next time you have a headache.
If you haven’t given a second thought to using essential oils, we hope this article has given you a new perspective. Essential oils have been around for a long time and will continuously be considered a vital part of the medicine cabinet in many homes.
We’ve only touched on some of the essential oils that can be used to cure minor ailments. There are many more remedies you can use. Take the time to read up more on this topic and leave a comment below with your thoughts.