|Peach Kernel Oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Peach Kernel Oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Persica vulgaris|
|Origin||Native to Northwest China between North slopes of Kunlun Shan mountains and Tarim Basin.|
|Health benefits||Eliminates toxins, Skin health, Acts as an emollient|
Peach kernel oil is native to Northwest China between North slopes of Kunlun Shan mountains and Tarim Basin. It was originated from China and was cultivated since early times. Then it reached to Europe and Persia. Today it is cultivated in Mediterranean region, the former soviet republics, Turkey, Japan, California, Chile, Argentina and China.
The beneficial properties of Peach kernel oil were recognized by the Romans. It was brought during the reign of Emperor Claudius from Persia and was prized as a beauty treatment. In every civilization, it was used as a moisturizer and as an ingredient for beauty product. It was widely known during the first half of the 16th century in England and since that time it was used for skin care.
Health benefits of Peach kernel oil
The health benefits of Peach kernel oil are discussed below:
- Eliminates toxins
Peach kernel oil possess Vitamin E and A along with Vitamin B group. It has antioxidant properties that helps to maintain skin health due to the elimination of free radicals that are harmful byproducts of metabolic process related with cancers and aging.
- Skin health
Peach kernel oil helps to slow down aging process and also maintains the skin’s elasticity due to the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids that are related to skin health.
- Acts as an emollient
Peach kernel oil has soothing and emollient properties. It is beneficial for the people with sensitive, dry and flaky skin. People with delicate skin could use it as a cosmetics remover.
- It is used for facial massage for aging, dry and sensitive skin.
- It is added to handmade creams, massage oils, lotions, lip balms and skin lotions as it possess anti-aging properties as well as penetrative consistency.
- It makes the skin look young, supple and maintains skin elasticity.
- It eliminates free radicals and harmful by products that are related to aging and cancers.
- It cleans pores and rejuvenates skin.
- It helps to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and
- It is used in aromatherapy as carrier oil and as emollient in skin and hair treatment.
- Massage with the mixture of 6-7 tbsp. of peach kernel oil and 10-12 drops of pure essential oil to the scalp, hand and body.
- In Iran, it is used to lower ear congestion and ear aches.
- It provides relief from itching and dry as well as inflamed skin.
- It is also used as a cleanser or make up remover.
- It soothes and restores nail surfaces and also provides its natural shine.
- The people with nut allergy should use it with caution.
- It should not be used excessively.
- The people with heart palpitations, blurred vision and persistent headache should not use it.
- Its prolonged use could lead to respiratory failure.
- Pregnant and nursing women should avoid its use.
Peach Kernel oil facts
Peach kernel oil is emollient oil having light texture that is effective for facial treatments. It has linoleic and oleic fatty acids along with Vitamin E and A. It has anti-ageing properties that promote the elasticity and suppleness of skin. It is usually helpful for the mature and dry skin. It is used for massage treatments due to its moisturizing and softening properties.
|Name||Peach Kernel Oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Peach fruit||Persica vulgaris|
|Native||Native to Northwest China between North slopes of Kunlun Shan mountains and Tarim Basin.|
|Extraction method||Expeller pressed|