|Ravensara essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Ravensara essential oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||Native to Madagascar|
|Colors||Pale yellow, clear white|
|Health benefits||Ease respiratory problems, Treat skin ailments, Cure joint pain, Treat typhoid, Relieve congestion|
Ravensara essential oil is native to Madagascar. It thrives well in humid conditions of rain forests. It has reddish bark and leaves of elliptical shape. It bears small and green fruits which has six septum inside. The tree grew upto 20 to 30 meters in height. It has glossy and waxy leaves.
- It eases respiratory problems.
- It is also used to treat various skin problems.
- It is useful for viral infections such as cold sores, shingles and herpes.
- It could lower the visibility of skin lesions.
- It is an aid for joint pain, toothaches, earaches, muscle pain and headache.
- It is also a treatment for typhoid, cholera and food poisoning.
- It eliminates toxins from the body.
- It provides relief from congestion, asthma, cough and breathing problems.
- It relaxes the body and speeds up the healing process of wounds.
- Few drops of Ravensara oil should be added to carrier oil and use it to the bottoms of feet for treating athlete’s foot.
- For shingles, mix few drops of Ravensara oil to carrier oil and apply in on affected areas of the body.
- The immune system could be promoted by diffusing Ravensara oil in a cool mist humidifier and inhale it. This helps to prevent flu and colds.
- There is a possible of skin sensitivity.
- Pregnant women should avoid it.
- For internal use, consult a health practitioner.
- Perform a patch test before use.
It is a great alternative for Tea Tree oil (Eucalyptus Essential oil) because of its non-sensitizing and non-toxic.
Ravensara essential oil facts
Ravensara essential oil is inherent to Island of Madagascar which is known as cure all in Madagascar. It is used to counteract infection. It has antiviral properties which are used as an alternative of Tea tree. It possesses analgesic and muscle relaxant properties that help to relieve muscle tension. This essential oil possesses antibacterial, analgesic, antiseptic, anti-microbial, carminative, antiviral and diuretic properties. It is an aid for muscle pain, headaches, joint pain and cramps. Being a diuretic, it stimulates the immune system of the body.
|Name||Ravensara essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Ravensara plant||Ravensara Aromatica|
|Native||Native to Madagascar|
|Method of extraction||Steam distilled|
|Color||Pale yellow, clear white|
|Other Facts||It is a substitute for Tea Tree oil (Eucalyptus Essential oil) due to its non-sensitizing and non-toxic nature.|