- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
For the Pasta Dough
How to Make It
- For the pasta dough, combine the flours, xanthan gum, salt and water in a bowl. Mix briefly until just combined, then slowly beat in the eggs and beetroot juice until the flour mix has absorbed it; add more flour if too sticky, or a little more beetroot juice if too dry.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly before dividing into two balls. Pat down into discs and wrap in clingfilm. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough pieces on a lightly floured surface into rough rectangular strips. Pass them through a pasta machine set to its widest setting.
- Repeat until smooth, before passing them through the machine at increasingly narrow settings until the pasta sheets are approximately 2.5 mm (1/8 in) thick. Hang the sheets off a cold oven handle and leave to dry for 1 hour.
- After drying, cut the sheets into strips of tagliatelle, arranging them on floured trays.
- In addition, lightly toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan set over a medium heat. Tip out onto a plate.
- Combine the beetroot with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until puréed; it should still retain some texture. Loosen with more olive oil if needed, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Brush any excess flour off the tagliatelle before cooking in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes until 'al dente'. Drain when ready and divide between serving bowls.
- Top with the beetroot purée, feta, toasted walnuts and rocket leaves before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.