In spring and summer, mackerel has quite a soft texture; curing it firms the flesh.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 very fresh mackerel (preferably still with rigor mortis), filleted, cured, and pinboned
For the Salad
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
How to Make It
- Slice the mackerel very thinly, and set aside.
- Put the salad ingredients into a big bowl and toss together. Put the dressing ingredients into a bowl, whisk to blend, then add to the salad, and toss together.
- Pile the salad onto a large platter and arrange the sliced mackerel on top. Serve with the soy sauce and wasabi in small dishes on the side.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.