Tasting fresh and clean, this recipe is a delicious vegetarian option. Fennel seeds, which range from yellow to greenish brown, help with digestion.
- Yield: 20
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
How to Make It
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan over low heat until nutty and golden, about 3 minutes. Cool.
- Gently rinse the feta in cold water. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut feta into ¾-inch (2-cm) cubes. Toss feta together with the toasted sesame and fennel seeds, lemon juice, oil, and pepper to coat each cube well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to allow the flavors to combine.
- Sprinkle the feta with chopped mint and toss to coat each cube well.
- Cut the cucumber into 20 cubes (½ in/1 cm).
- Thread one mint leaf, one olive half, one cucumber cube, and one feta cube onto each skewer. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.