Guacamole is a healthy and easy dip that children will love. Use it for dipping raw carrot sticks, celery, green peppers, and tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 Servings (2 cups)
How to Make It
- Mash avocados with a potato masher or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mashed avocados. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled pineapple can make a nice addition to this salsa. Cut a fresh pineapple into ½"-thick slices. Place on medium-hot grill and grill for 5–7 minutes per side. Allow to cool before using in cold salsa dish.
Makes: 2 cups (4 servings)
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup orange-pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, yellow pepper, black beans, onion, and cilantro and mix well.
- In small bowl, combine orange-pineapple juice and lime juice. Pour into large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together; season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.