- Yield: 9 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 6 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (without flour).
- In large bowl, stir cake mix and nutmeg. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly. In small bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and eggs; stir into crumb mixture until moistened. Spread in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, stir together berries and granulated sugar; set aside to allow juices to form.
- Cool cake on cooling rack 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Cool at least 10 minutes longer. In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually increase speed to high, beating just until soft peaks form.
- Cut cake into 3 rows by 3 rows. Cut each piece horizontally in half. Spoon half of the berries and sweetened whipped cream over bottom cake pieces; cover with top cake pieces. Spoon remaining berries and whipped cream over cake.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.