- Yield: 8 scones
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup potato starch flour
- 0.66 cup tapioca flour
- 0.66 cup white rice flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 0.66 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ cup gluten-free almond, rice, soy or cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place nonstick baking mat or sheet of cooking parchment paper on cookie sheet; if using parchment paper, spray paper with cooking spray (without flour). In medium bowl, mix flours, 6 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the salt.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, melted ghee, milk and both gums with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Coat work surface and hands with oil. Place dough on surface; pat into round, about 1 inch thick. Cut dough round into 8 wedges; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.