- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
For the Cake
- 1 tbsp black poppy seeds
- lavender sprigs, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 900 g (2 lb) loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Combine the flour mix, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring well.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, sunflower oil and lavender extract in a measuring jug. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until a rough batter forms; it shouldn't be totally smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared tin. Tap a few times on a flat surface to settle the batter.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden and dry to the touch on top; a cake tester should come out clean from its centre. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing, once the cake is cool, turn it out onto a serving platter.
- Place the icing sugar in a mixing bowl and stir in enough milk to make a smooth, pourable icing, adding more milk to thin it out to the desired consistency.
- Add a drop or two of lavender extract and mix thoroughly, adding more as needed to adjust the intensity of the lavender flavour.
- To serve, pour over the cake and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Garnish with lavender sprigs before serving, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.