- Yield: 6 Servings (1 cake, ¼ cup ice cream and 1/3 cup berry mixture per serving)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blackberries or dark sweet cherries, pitted, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons measure-for-measure sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 6 individual sponge cakes (dessert shells)
- ¾ cup no-sugar-added, fat free vanilla ice cream (or fat-free whipped topping)
How to Make It
- Combine berries, water, sugar substitute, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts in mixing bowl. Toss gently to blend. Let stand 30 minutes to absorb flavors.
- At time of serving, place cakes on each of 6 dessert plates. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the berry mixture in the center of each cake. Top each with 2 tablespoons ice cream, spoon equal amounts of the remaining berries on and around each serving.