|Red Durian Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Durio dulcis|
|Origin||Sumatra and Borneo (Sarawak, Brunei, Sabah, West-, Central-, South- and East- Kalimantan).|
- As the pulp is sweet, it is consumed raw or cooked.
- The pulp is fried with onions and chilli and served as side dish in Sabah.
- Seeds are cooked, boiled or roasted.
- It is available in form of chips, candy, cakes, crackers and even beverages.
- The tree has pink-brown heartwood.
- Wood is used in interior construction and for making cheap furniture and packing cases.