|Red Physic Nut Quick Facts|
|Name:||Red Physic Nut|
|Scientific Name:||Baliospermum montanum|
|Origin||Found in Nepal, Burma, Malaya and India|
- Roots are anthelmintic, purgative, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, rubefacient and tonic.
- It is used for constipation, dropsy, leprosy, jaundice and skin diseases.
- Leaves are used for bronchitis and asthma.
- Oil extracted from seeds is hydragogue cathartic and apply it externally in rheumatism.
- Seeds are used as an antidote for snake bite and constipation.
- Leaves are used by tribals of Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Karimnagar district for treating asthma and headache.
- Stem decoction provides relief from toothache.
- Seeds, roots, seed oil and roots are used as a treatment for constipation, jaundice, anemia, piles and conjunctivitis.
- Useful for calculus, abdominal pain, constipation, piles, genera anasarca, scabies, helminthic infestation and skin disorders.
- Apply the root paste to piles and painful swellings.
- Leaves provide relief from asthma and seeds are useful to cure snakebites.
- Use the bark juice to treat malarial fevers and lower swellings due to inflammation.
- Use it externally to treat burns, eczema, scabies and ringworm.
- Apply the paste of bark to cure gum swellings and sores.
- In Nepal, thin twigs are used as toothbrushes for treating toothache, swollen gums and bleeding.
- Leaves are used to treat medical conditions such as convulsions, coughs, fevers, guinea worm sores, rheumatic pains, sores, wounds and cuts.
- Apply the root juice to pimples and boils.
- In India and Thailand, it is used to treat jaundice, dropsy, abdominal complaints, inflammation, wounds, leucoderma and anemia.