|Tigernut oil facts and uses Quick Facts|
|Name:||Tigernut oil facts and uses|
|Scientific Name:||Cyperus esculentus|
|Origin||It comes from Europe, California, Florida and Northern African. It is used medicinally as enemas and oral medications.|
|Health benefits||Heart health, Prevent arteriosclerosis, Heart health, Slows aging process, Regulate menstruation|
Health Benefits of Tigernut oil
- It lowers bad cholesterol level and increases the level of good cholesterol.
- It lowers the chances of formation of blood clots and prevents arteriosclerosis.
- It stimulates the calcium absorption in bones and produces new bony material.
- It fixes embryo in uterus and raise fertility of women and men due to the high presence of Vitamin E.
- It promotes shine and also conditions hair.
- It prevents from thrombosis, heart attacks and also improves blood circulation.
- It slows down the blood cells ageing.
- It lowers wrinkles and promotes the elasticity of skin.
- In China, it is used for the regulation of menstruation.
- It assists digestion, regenerates intestines, lowers bloating and provides relief from constipation.
- It prevents arteriosclerosis and promotes to lose weight.
- It provides relief from fatigue and soothes nervous system.
- It eliminates free radicals.
- It improves potency.
How to Eat
It is used in salads, tapas, pastas or appetizers.
It could be used for cosmetics, as industrial anticorrosive and instrument lubricants.
Tigernut oil facts
Tigernut oil has high content of Vitamin E. The oil is extracted from nuts which provide numerous health benefits. It is also used in various dishes as culinary ingredients.
|Name||Tigernut oil facts and uses|
|Scientific Name of Tigernut oil||Cyperus esculentus|
|Native||It comes from Europe, California, Florida and Northern African. It is used medicinally as enemas and oral medications. Spain is the largest producer of tiger nuts. It was introduced in Valencia region by an Arab culture.|
|Common/English Name||Zulu nuts, Earth almond, Chufa, Yellow nut sedge, Earth nut, Groundnut, Rush nut, Edible galingale, Nut grass, Yellow nutsedge|
|Extraction method||Cold pressed|
|Flavor/aroma||Mild and pleasant|