Whether we wanted it or not, many of us were forced to completely shift our work habits over the past two years. As a response to the pandemic and advancing digital technologies, many of our offices have shifted to our home environments—and in some cases, permanently. When working from home, maintaining your health and wellness is particularly important. Luckily, there are many different pieces of workout equipment, such as a treadmill desk, than can help you stay both productive and healthy.
Here, we’re taking a closer look at some of the most popular workout equipment designed specifically for the work from home lifestyle. While some are relatively simple, such as a balance board, many (like the desk treadmill) are capable of completely transforming how you work, stay fit, and balance these two parts of your life. Another thing is the Vibration plate therapy machine that has beneficial effects in our body, see for more vibration plate benefits.
The Dangers of a Sedentary Lifestyle
Exercise equipment for your home is designed to help you combat the risks of a sedentary lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle, essentially, is characterized by spending long amounts of time sitting or lying down. In many offices jobs, this becomes hard to avoid.
Over time, a sedentary lifestyle can result in an increased risk of:
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Type-2 diabetes.
- Certain types of cancer.
- High cholesterol.
- Heart diseases, such as coronary artery disease and heart attack.
Many people are surprised to learn that a sedentary lifestyle can also negatively impact your mental health. A sedentary lifestyle can lead to anxiety, depression, and negatively affect your mood over time.
Workout Equipment for the Work From Home Life
To avoid the potential health risks of a sedentary lifestyle, many people are discovering the distinct advantages of working out while working from home. Getting your work done while burning calories and maintaining good health—what could be better? Take a look at some of the most popular and effective exercise devices for working from home.
- Treadmill desk: take your home fitness to the next level with a treadmill desk. These innovative devices essentially function as a treadmill and a functional desk all at the same time. Set the speed to your own comfort level, which means you can adjust from a light jog or a gentle walk as you work. Some studies suggest that moving while working can boost productivity and creativity. Many treadmill desks are also foldable, which means they’re easy to store when not in use.
- Balance board: you don’t need a lot of space or complex equipment to stay fit at home. In fact, a simple balance board is one of the most popular ways that people can keep fit while at home or the office. Standing on a balance board throughout the day (even just minutes at a time) can improve your balance and strengthen your core muscles. Build a six pac while at work—why not? A balance board is also great because it’s small, easy to store, and can fit under a standing desk.
- Bike desk: love to ride but you can’t always find the time to hit your favorite trail? If so, you should definitely look into a bike desk. These innovative pieces of equipment allow you to spin, burn calories, and complete your daily tasks and projects. Bike desks are designed to allow you to comfortably work at your desk while pedaling. With an adjustable desk, they can fit to your needs.
- Elliptical: take your at-home cardio to the next level with an elliptical in your work from home space. These low-impact cardio machines are ideal for individuals of any fitness level and can make positive improvements to your cardiovascular health and overall fitness. As a low-impact approach to cardio, as opposed to running on a treadmill, ellipticals are ideal for those recovering from injuries or experiencing lower body muscle or joint issues.
- Rowers: you don’t need a canoe or kayak to get an amazing workout anymore. Get al the advantages of rowing without hitting the open water with this exercise device. Rowers mimic the movement of rowing a boat, which provides an amazing full body workout that both builds muscle and improves your cardiovascular health.
- Stretch partner: get a little assistance with your daily stretches with a dynamic stretch partner. This exercise equipment helps you get the deepest stretch possible while at home or in the office. Easy to set up and store, the stretch partner is designed for longevity and peak performance. Ideal for warming up or cooling down after a workout, stretching is a part of your home fitness plan that you should not overlook. Research shows that stretching can keep you strong, improve posture, and help you recover from injury.
- Standing desk: this last one may not seem like a traditional piece of exercise equipment, but it can still positively impact your health, wellness, and productivity. Simply standing, instead of sitting, all day can improve your posture, reduce back pain, and reduce the risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle. It might seem simple, but there are several health benefits to utilizing a standing desk.
Conclusion – Exercise Equipment for the Work From Home Lifestyle
The swift and sudden transition to the work from home (WFH) lifestyle has forced millions of people to adjust to a new way of getting their work done. Luckily, advanced digital technologies make it easier than ever to stay connected—no matter you are. While many of us love avoiding that morning commute and traffic, it isn’t always easy losing that boundary between your work and your home. Luckily, with many different innovative piece of exercise equipment, you can at least work to maintain good health while working from home.
There are simply so many options to exercise in your new work from home lifestyle. Whether opting for a desk treadmill, bike desk, balance board, stretch partner, or even just an adjustable standing desk, you can choose what methods works best for you. If you’re looking for a healthy way to boost productivity and wellness, check out one of these innovative pieces of workout equipment today.