|Yarrow essential oil Quick Facts|
|Name:||Yarrow essential oil|
|Origin||It is inherent to temperate regions of Northern Hemisphere in Asia, North America and Europe. It is also introduced in New Zealand as well as Australia.|
|Colors||Greenish to dark blue|
|Health benefits||Lower inflammation, Assist circulation, Prevent infections, Relaxing property, Overall health|
It is inherent to temperate regions of Northern Hemisphere in Asia, North America and Europe. It is also introduced in New Zealand as well as Australia.
Health Benefits of Yarrow essential oil
This essential oil helps to treat the conditions such as fever caused due to cold, indigestion, inflammation and heartburn. It possess antiseptic, anti-rheumatic, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, carminative, astringent, decongestant, cicatrisant, digestive, diaphoretic, emollient, emenagogue, febrifuge, expectorant, haemostatic, stomachic, hypotensive, tranquilizer, tonic and vulnerary properties.
- Lower inflammation
Yarrow essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to lower inflammation associated with respiratory tracts or nasal that is caused due to common cold, over eating of spicy food, toxins or inflammation of circulatory system.
- Assist circulation
It is helpful for the arthritic and rheumatic patients. It enhances circulation and prevents the chances of accumulation of uric acid in muscles and joints. It is a cure for arthritis and rheumatism. It has diaphoretic properties that help to eliminate toxins through perspiration from the human body.
- Prevent infections
It possesses antiseptic properties that protects the wounds from becoming septic and prevents fungal, bacterial and viral infections. It assists in the activation of blood platelets and leucocytes on the affected areas. Additionally, it has fungicidal and bacterial properties that eliminate germs.
- Relaxing property
Spasm might be harmful and could result in serious problems. It could cause uninterrupted coughs that could result in cramps of nervous system. The cause of spasm in intestines could cause abdominal pain and increase painful cramps in muscles. It has anti-spasmodic and relaxation effect on nerves, muscles, respiratory tracts and intestines.
- Overall health
It possesses astringent properties that assist in contraction of tissues, muscles and blood vessels. It secures the teeth by contraction of gums. It also eliminates hair loss and strengthens the hair follicles. Moreover, it improves saggy muscles and skin which are associated with aging and provides younger skin. It could lower hemorrhage and bleeding by assist in contraction of blood vessels.
- Digestive ailments
It provides relief from heaviness in chest, indigestion, loss of appetite, chest pain, flatulence and stomach aches. It eliminates gas from intestines and prevents the buildup.
- Skin health
This essential oil has cicatrisant properties that provide an anti-scar and anti-mark activity. It is far better than petroleum gels that helps to cure scars and eliminates marks caused by acne, wounds, boils and pimples.
- Relieve fever
Yarrow essential oil helps to increase perspiration and eliminates extra salt, toxins and water from the body. It cools the body and provides relief from fever that also assists in losing weight because urination reduces fat by approximately 4 percent.
- Supports digestion
Yarrow essential oil helps to promote digestion. It enhances the digestive juice secretion and restores health of digestive organs and liver health.
- Clears congestion
It has expectorant properties that clear away the congestion in bronchi, chest and nose by providing relief from phlegm. It treats cures and controls coughs.
- Regular menstruation
It is helpful for the people with obstructed menses by making it more regular. Additionally, it provides relief from the problems related with the periods such as a headache, fatigue, nausea, abdominal pains. It also prevents the chances of early menopause.
- Moisturize skin
Yarrow essential oil helps to hold in moisture by providing younger and smoother skin. It prevents the skin from crack, dryness, infections and marks.
- Prevents bile
It is effective to treat stomachic by maintaining the proper flow of digestive juices. It balances the bile and acid. It also cures the wounds in stomach and provides relief from inflammation.
- Tones body
Yarrow essential oil helps to tone the body. It assists in nutrient absorption by toning stomach, liver and intestines. Moreover, it assists in excretion and regulates endocrinal secretions of enzymes and hormones. It enhances immune system by preventing the chances of infections.
- Solves insomnia problem
This essential oil has the ability to cure insomnia, stress and assist relaxation. It relaxes brain, nerves, and muscles and lowers blood pressure and provides sound and uninterrupted sleep. It is far better in comparison to sleeping pills, narcotics and alcohol that provide various side effects.
- Reduce fever
Yarrow oil has febrifuge properties that lowers the body temperature by promoting perspiration and prevents the infection caused by fever. It lowers the inflammation caused by fever.
- Prevent hemorrhage
Yarrow essential oil lowers hemorrhaging due to the presence of hemostatic properties. It stops hemorrhage by bringing out the contraction in hemorrhaging blood vessels.
- Lowers blood pressure
It is helpful for the patients of hypertension, brain hemorrhage and heart attack to lower blood pressure and maintain it. It should not be used for long periods of time.
- It provides relief from headaches, pain and hot flashes.
- It lowers muscle spasms and swelling.
- It treats indigestion, bowel syndrome and gas.
- It prevents the chances of flu and cold.
- It helps to lower fever.
- It provides relief from stress and speeds up the healing process of wounds.
- Massage with the mixture of Jojoba oil, sesame oil, almond oil and 2-3 drops of Yarrow essential oil by providing relief from digestive problems.
- Massage with 5 ml of base oil and 5 drops of essential oil. It provides relief from varicose veins.
- Put few drops of Yarrow essential oil in a poultice that helps to soothe both external and internal hemorrhoids.
- Massage with the mixture of 2 tbsp. of base oil and 5 to 8 drops of yarrow essential oil that provides relief from painful joints.
- To provide relief from nasal congestion, rub the mixture of 5 drops each of thyme, eucalyptus, peppermint and yarrow oil on the back, throat and chest.
- To provide relief from tooth pain, put 3-4 drops of yarrow essential oil to the tooth by putting in a cotton ball.
- Oily hair and scalp could be treated by adding 4 to 5 drops of Yarrow essential oil to the herbal shampoo.
- Add 15 to 20 drops of Yarrow essential oil to the sitz bath that helps to promote regular menstruation and relieves urinary tract infections.
- Diffuse 4 to 5 drops in aromatherapy.
- Pregnant women should avoid it.
- It should not be used undiluted.
- Don’t use it on eyes and mucous membranes.
- It is not for an internal use.
- Always perform a patch test before use.
- It has neurotoxic properties that could result in skin irritation and headaches if used for prolonged period of time.
It blends well with bergamot, black pepper, bay, chamomile, cedarwood, cypress, clary sage, lavender, grapefruit, oakmoss, neroli, valerian, ylang ylang and vetiver essential oil.
Yarrow essential oil facts
|Name||Yarrow essential oil|
|Scientific Name of Yarrow plant||Achillea millefolium|
|Native||It is inherent to temperate regions of Northern Hemisphere in Asia, North America and Europe. It is also introduced in New Zealand as well as Australia.|
|Common/English Name of Yarrow plant||Common yarrow, yarrow|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Color||Greenish to dark blue|
|Other Facts||It is blended with bergamot, black pepper, bay, chamomile, cedarwood, cypress, clary sage, lavender, grapefruit, oakmoss, neroli, valerian, ylang ylang and vetiver essential oil.|