|Health benefits of Carrot Seed essential oil Quick Facts|
|Name:||Health benefits of Carrot Seed essential oil|
|Origin||It is native to Egypt, India and France.|
|Health benefits||Antioxidant activity, Treat infections, Detoxification, Relief from bloating, Eliminates toxins|
It is native to Egypt, India and France. The Carrot seed oil is extracted from wild carrots which are mostly found in Europe. It is a biennial or annual herb. The name was derived from the Greek word “Carotos”. It is used for throat and stomach problems. It possesses Vitamin A and carotene which is helpful for hair, skin, teeth and gums.
Health Benefits of Carrot seed essential oil
Carrot seed essential oil has the properties such as disinfectant, antiseptic, antioxidant, detoxifying, carminative, anticarcinogenic, diuretic, depurative, stimulant, emenagogue, tonic, cytophylactic and vermifuge.
- Antioxidant activity
Carrot seed essential oil has antioxidants which help to repair the tissue damage caused due to free radicals. It prevents the skin from wrinkles, joint stiff, weak muscles and decline in eyesight. It also prevents sexual weakness, macular degeneration, cancer and aging related problems.
- Treat infections
This essential oil helps to cure infections. It has antiseptic properties which help to prevent the chances of tetanus. The external application of carrot seed oil helps to treat skin infections. It also treats infections of mouth, throat, stomach, colon, urinary system and intestines. It also effectively cures gangrene, sores, ulcers, carbuncles, rashes and psoriasis. It is also helpful for bronchitis and viral infections of respiratory system. It also counteract the viral infections such as mumps, flu, colds, measles and coughs.
Carrot seed oil assist in detoxification of tissues, blood, muscles, kidneys and liver. It eliminates surplus bile that is secreted from liver. It also treats the liver infections in the case of jaundice. It also eliminates uric acid from the blood, muscles, tissues and joints. It cures edema, gout, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Relief from bloating
Carrot seed oil helps to remove gas from the intestines and helps to feel relaxed.
- Eliminates toxins
This essential oil assists in purification of the organs such as digestive, circulatory and excretory systems. It eliminates the toxins such as urea, uric acid, pesticides, insecticides and other chemicals from the body which are entered through water and food.
- Promote urination
Being diuretic in nature, it helps to promote urination that helps to prevent various health ailments. Urination helps to remove excess fat as well as toxins and microbes that are responsible for the urinary system infections. Moreover, it lowers blood pressure and clears out kidneys and renal calculi.
- Menstrual problems
It acts as an emenagogue that helps to improve the menstruation process by making it regular and lowering the pain. It is helpful for the women having irregular and obstructed menses.
- Promotes circulation
Carrot seed oil has stimulant properties that help to provoke the metabolic function and circulation. It also enhances the secretion of enzymes, hormones, bile, gastric juices and peristaltic motion of intestines by making the organs efficient and active. It also enhances the nerve and brain functions.
- Eradication of wounds
Carrot seed oil helps to eliminate worms from the intestines that could result in malnutrition and other serious problems.
- Tones body
Carrot seed oil helps to tone up muscles, tissues, stomach, liver and digestive system. It regulates the digestive juice flow and normalizes the digestive system. It helps to tone skin and prevents from various signs of aging.
- It promotes cell growth and eliminates toxins.
- It helps to treat wounds, scars and burns.
- It is useful for gout, arthritis, rheumatism and edema.
- It strengthens mucus membrane of throat, nose and lungs.
- It helps to provide relief from exhaustion and stress.
- It is helpful for treating the skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis, ulcers, weeping sores, boils, ulcers and carbuncles.
- It also cures jaundice by cleaning the digestive system.
- It provides relief from retention of fluid.
- It is an aid for stomach acidity and flatulence.
- It helps to relax blood vessels.
- Massage with the mixture of Peppermint, Carrot seed oil, Neroli and Bergamot oil to provide relief from abdominal tension.
- The mixture of two tbsp. of honey, six drops of Carrot seed oil, two teaspoons of Almond oil and three tbsp. of Oatmeal should be massaged to the hair as well as scalp for about five minutes. It provides relief from dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Apply four drops of Tangerine, four drops of Carrot Seed oil, one tbsp. of fractionated coconut oil and two drops of Peppermint twice a day in clockwise strokes for a week. This helps to treat indigestion and cramps.
- Mix six drops of sandalwood, four drops of carrot seed oil, two drops of cedarwood, two drops of cucumber seed and one tbsp. of jojoba oil and massage on the scalp. Leave it for about an hour and then wash it. It helps to treat dry hair.
- For Water Retention relief and PMS, massage abdomen with two drops of Geranium, four drops of Lemon oil, one tbsp. of F.C.O and four drops of Carrot seed oil twice a day.
- For aged and dry skin, apply the mixture of two drops of rose oil, four drops of carrot seed oil and one tbsp. of Skin Mousse.
- Pregnant or nursing women and children should avoid it.
- It should be diluted before use.
- Do a patch test before applying it to the skin as it may cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Asthma and epilepsy patients should avoid its use because it could worsen the existing condition.
How to use
- It could be directly inhaled, diffused or applied topically.
- It should be diluted with carrier oil or other essential oils.
- Carrot seed oil is added to skin care formulations as a tonifier or facial rejuvenator.
- It is helpful in massage, applied as a compress or added to bath.
It is combined well with Juniper, Lemon, Cedar Wood, Bergamot, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Avocado and Geranium oils.
Carrot seed essential oil facts
Carrot Seed Oil was used by Greeks and Romans by combining with Lemon and Bergamot oil for treating the stomach and skin problems. Due to its earthy, soothing and mild aroma, it is used for aromatherapy. It helps to provide relief from anxiety and stress. The color of the oil ranges from amber, yellow or pale orange to brown.
|Name||Health benefits of Carrot Seed essential oil|
|Native||It is native to Egypt, India and France. The Carrot seed oil is extracted from wild carrots which are mostly found in Europe.|
|Common/English Name||Queen Anne’s lace, Wild Carrot|
|Flavor/aroma||Herby, earthy and woody|
|How to use||
|Other Facts||It is combined with Juniper, Lemon, Cedar Wood, Bergamot, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Avocado and Geranium oils.|