|Usage and benefits of Ledum essential oil Quick Facts|
|Name:||Usage and benefits of Ledum essential oil|
|Origin||Ledum essential oil is derived from the Labroador tea plant or Ledum groenlandicum that is inherent to North America.|
|Colors||Light brown or light yellow|
|Health benefits||Skin health, Promotes thyroid function, Enhance immunity, Treatment for cancer, Prevents urinary tract infection|
Ledum essential oil is derived from the Labroador tea plant or Ledum groenlandicum that is inherent to North America. It is found in South latitudes of tundra and cold northern latitudes. In between June and July, the white flowers produce sweet scent.
For thousands of years, it is used for medicinal purposes. The leaves are dried, crushed and boiled to make a therapeutic concoction. It is used by Native Americans to promote the bowel movement and eliminate body wastes. The extracts of the plant helps to lower joint inflammation and soothe muscle soreness.
Due to its detoxification and diuretic properties, it is used as a tea. The essential oil helps to cure skin problems, counteract depression, enhance depression and treat insomnia.
Health Benefits of Ledum essential oil
Ledum essential oil possess anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-tumor, anti-malaria, anti-cancer, liver as well as kidney detoxification properties. The therapeutic abilities are due to the presence of vital constituents such as alpha selinene, beta bisabolene, alpha humulene, beta pinene, alpha pinene, sabinene, germacrene and gamma terpinene.
- Skin health
Ledum essential oil helps to enhance the normal function of thyroid. The thyroid problems cause in low production of thyroid hormones that is responsible for various health conditions. It assist in thyroid stimulation for the production of adequate hormones which helps to prevent skin problems.
- Promotes thyroid function
Ledum essential oil helps to promote the thyroid functions. It is useful for both hypothyoid condition and hyperthyroid conditions. It assists the thyroid functionality balance.
- Enhance immunity
It helps to enhance the immunity of body by making the body able to counteract with health ailments and diseases.
- Treatment for cancer
Ledum essential oil helps to effectively counteract against tumors and cancer. It creates an obstruction in the tumor formation.
- Prevents urinary tract infection
It helps to maintain the health of urinary tract and also prevents the infections. It eliminates the toxins from the kidney.
- Lowers inflammation
The anti-inflammatory properties found in Ledum essential oil helps to lower inflammation in lymph nodes.
- Calm mind
It helps to calm nervous system that helps to free mind from nervousness and anxiety. It also treats insomnia.
- Respiratory health
It helps to treat various respiratory ailments such as fever, cough, cold, inflammation of bronchitis and larynx.
- Digestive health
This essential oil helps to treat upset digestive system due to the presence of medical components.
- Relieve headaches
Ledum essential oil has an analgesic property that helps to provide relief from the headaches.
- It is used to cure skin problems, kidney problems, fever, coughs and other health ailments.
- It provides relief from aches, nausea, congestion, pains, cough and sore throat.
- It supports the flow of energy.
- It helps to enhance immune system.
- It helps to flush out toxins and wastes.
- It is an aid for insomnia.
- The topical application of this oil in the back area or abdomen helps to assist kidney and urinary tract health.
- With the use of cool mist humidifier, it could be diffused in the air to enhance the immune system and prevent cold, flu and other illness.
- It is used to loosen phlegm, clear congestion and provide relief from headache that is related with cold and flu.
- It should be used internally under the supervision of an expert.
- Dilute it with carrier oil or other essential oil before use.
- Skin rashes might occur in sensitive skins.
- Breast feeding, pregnant women or people with medications should use essential oil with an advice of doctor.
- Don’t use it excessively.
- It should not be used on very small children and infants.
It could be blended with essential oils of fennel, grapefruit, lemon, petitgrain, juniper, lavender, rose and ylang ylang.
Ledum essential oil facts
Ledum essential oil has sesquiterpenoids that helps to calm emotions, body and mind. It helps to counteract the symptoms of sleeplessness and insomnia. It also supports the function of thyroids by relieving the symptoms of thyroid imbalance. The research shows that it provides relief from kidney conditions, coughs, fevers and skin ailments.
|Name||Usage and benefits of Ledum essential oil|
|Native||Ledum essential oil is derived from the Labroador tea plant or Ledum groenlandicum that is inherent to North America. It is found in South latitudes of tundra and cold northern latitudes. In between June and July, the white flowers produce sweet scent.|
|Common/English Name||Greenland Moss Essential Oil, Labrador tea, Marsh Tea, Swamp Tea|
|Shelf life||5 to 6 years|
|Color||Light brown or light yellow|
|Other Facts||It is blended with essential oils of fennel, grapefruit, lemon, petitgrain, juniper, lavender, rose and ylang ylang.|