|Ylang Ylang essential oil usage and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Ylang Ylang essential oil usage and benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Cananga Odorata|
|Origin||Ylang Ylang is inherent to Philippians and Indonesia.|
|Colors||Amber to yellow brown|
|Health benefits||Prevents depression, Lower inflammation, Prevent infections, Promote sexual life, Lowers blood pressure|
Ylang Ylang is inherent to Philippians and Indonesia. In Indonesia, flowers are spread to the bridal beds of new wed couples. The ointment made with Ylang Ylang and coconut oil helps to provide relief from the skin problems. Reunion Islands and Madagascar are the main producers. The process of distillation is done in small stills to prevent the damage of flowers. This oil is widely used as fragrance oils and cosmetics.
Health Benefits of Ylang Ylang essential oil
This essential oil has been derived from the steam distillation of yellow flowers. The components of essential oil contribute to medicinal and aromatic properties. Besides its use in aromatherapy and perfumes, it is used for various medicinal purposes. Let’s look out at some of its health benefits:
- Prevents depress
Ylang Ylang has medicinal properties that help to counteract depress and eliminate sadness, anxiety and chronic stress. It helps to uplift mood and promote the feelings of hope and joy. It is helpful for the nervous breakdowns as well as acute depression after an accident or shock.
- Lower inflammation
Seborrhoes leads to irregular production of sebum and infection of epidermal cells. It is painful and unattractive since the pale yellow or shite skin starts to peel. It happens on cheeks, scalp and eyebrows. This essential oil helps to cure this condition and also lowers the irritation of skin as well as redness by regularizing the production of sebum and treats the infection.
- Prevent infections
The burns, abrasions and cuts have high chances of being septic through bacterial infections. The chance of infections is much higher such as tetanus when the wound is made with an iron object. This essential oil prevents tetanus and sepsis by preventing the growth of microbes and infection of wounds. It also speeds up the healing process.
- Promote sexual life
Ylang Ylang essential oil can improve the sexual life by activating the romance in couples. It could be helpful for the people who lose the interest in sex due to professional stress, tremendous work load, pollution effects and depression. Loss of libido has become a common problem. This essential oil helps to find out sex drive.
- Lowers blood pressure
Ylang Ylang essential oil helps to lower blood pressure. This oil could be a natural and easy solution to manage the blood pressure without any side effects if used on prescribed amounts.
- Relief stress
Ylang Ylang essential oil helps to provide relief from anxiety and stress. It calms down stress, nervous afflictions, anxiety and anger by providing a relax feeling.
- Boost nervous system
This essential oil helps to promote nervous system by repairing the damage. Moreover, it also lowers stress on nerves and prevents the development of nervous disorders.
- The addition of Ylang Ylang essential oil to an Epsom Salt helps to provide relaxation.
- It could be used in an aromatherapy with steam facial in order to refresh the skin.
- The internal use of Ylang Ylang essential oil provides antioxidant properties.
- This oil should be mixed with bathwater for relaxation.
- Massage the hair and scalp after blending it with carrier oils. This helps to strengthen hair.
- It could be used to the face to lower the appearance of blemishes.
- It helps to treat insomnia, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), high blood pressure and rapid heartbeat.
- It also treats anxiety, depression and nervous tension.
- It could be used in a burner or diffuser to enhance emotional balance and relaxation.
- It is helpful for tension, anxiety, shock and panic.
- People with sensitive skin could get allergic reactions.
- The pregnant, nursing women, people with health problems should consult the doctor for its use.
- It should not be used on inner ears, eyes and sensitive areas.
- Don’t use it undiluted.
- Use it in adequate amounts.
- The excessive use of this oil results in headache and nausea.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil is usually blended with anise, bergamot, basil, cedar wood, cardamom, citronella, chamomile, cypress, elemi, clary sage, cumin, fennel, geranium, frankincense, gardenia, grapefruit, ginger, jasmine, lemon, lavender, melissa, marjoram, neroli, patchouli, orange, rose, sandalwood, rosewood, vetiver and vanilla.
- When the oil is exposed to light, the color changes to brown and also loses its aroma.
- The lower grade of oil is used for making detergents and soaps whereas the higher grade of oil is used in perfumes.
Ylang Ylang essential oil facts
The essential oil of Ylang Ylang is extracted from the star shaped flowers of Ylang Ylang tree. It is widely used in aromatherapy and manufacturing perfumes. It is used to lower stress, tension and endorse positive outlook. It is also added to skin and hair products for its protective and nourishing properties. If used internally, it acts as an antioxidant. Usually it is used in indulgent and luxurious perfumes. This oil supports endocrine, cardiovascular and hormonal systems along with spiritual and emotional balance.
|Name||Ylang Ylang essential oil usage and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Cananga Odorata|
|Native||Ylang Ylang is inherent to Philippians and Indonesia.|
|Plant Growth Habit||Tropical evergreen|
|Growing Climate||Moist tropical|
|Plant Size||Height: 60 feet|
|Oil color||Amber to yellow brown|
|Flavor/aroma||Intriguing, sweet, floral-balsamic and soft|