|Croton oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Croton oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||Native to Malay Archipelago, India|
|Colors||Pale brown to Yellow|
|Health benefits||Exfoliate skin, Treat cancer, Treat constipation, Eliminate parasites|
Health benefits of Croton oil
The health benefits provided by Croton oil are:
- Exfoliate skin
Croton oil is used in the production of chemical peels that are used for the skin exfoliation. If applied to the skin, it swamp off thin layer off epidermis which lead to burning sensation and deep pain on the skin. Though Croton oil leads to sharp pain, redness and burning, the chemical skin peels based on Croton oil have the strongest side effects as well as risks.
- Treat constipation
Croton oil is used in ancient Chinese medicine to provide relief from constipation. It should not be used without the supervision of the trained health practitioner.
- Eliminate parasites
It provides relief from the intestinal parasites such as Schistosomiasis.
- Treat cancer
Croton oil provides a cytocidal effect on the cancer cells. It is also useful for the skin eruption and eczema as well as urticarial.
- It is a cure for constipation.
- It helps to treat internal intestinal parasites.
- It is a treatment for rheumatism, bronchitis and glandular swelling.
- It helps to treat fine lines, wrinkles and scars.
- It helps to treat health ailments such as apoplexy, dropsy, obstinate constipation, convulsions, lead poisoning, intestinal obstruction, high blood pressure and intense fever.
- It is a cure for chronic rheumatism, skin wounds, glandular swellings, neuralgia, laryngitis, asthma, chronic bronchitis and pulmonary problems.
- It helps to treat schitosomiasis and intestinal parasites.
- It is a treatment for paralysis, cancerous cells, teething troubles, sore throat, snakebite, teeth problems.
- It should be used in small amounts.
- The small doses also causes diarrhea.
- The external use causes swelling and irritation.
- It might cause chemical burns on the skin.
- It could cause damage to tissues and permanent scarring.
- It should be avoided by pregnant women, kids and toddlers.
- It might cause blistering, itching and skin lesions.
It blends well with the essential oils of rosemary and lavender.
Croton oil facts
Croton oil possesses an exfoliating effect that helps to regenerate skin. It helps to treat internal intestinal parasites. Additionally, it is used to cure constipation.
|Name||Croton oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Crotonis oleum|
|Native||Native to Malay Archipelago, India.
Croton essential oil is used to treat skin diseases by the ancient Chinese. It was used by Europe in 16th century.
|Common/English Name||Croton tiglium oil, crotonis oleum|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Color||Pale brown to Yellow|