|Pequi Oil uses and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Pequi Oil uses and benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Caryocar braziliensis|
|Origin||Pequi tree is native to Brazil. It is also available in Caatinga, Amazon, Atlantic Forest and Cerrado.|
|Colors||Yellow to dark amber hue|
|Health benefits||Cardiovascular function, Maintains blood pressure, Promotes eye health, Digestive health, Smoothen hair|
Health Benefits of Pequi oil
Pequi oil has following health benefits:
- Cardiovascular function
Pequi oil has mono-saturated fatty acids that could lower the level of cholesterol found in blood and also protects the heart health. It builds up blood vessels and artery walls by preventing the chances of coronary heart diseases, heart attacks and strokes.
- Maintains blood pressure
Pequi oil helps to control the blood pressure. It contains the nutrients such as potassium and also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It relaxes blood vessels because the inflammation could tighten the blood clots that could worsen the complications and heart problems.
- Promotes eye health
Pequi oil helps to promote vision health. It is an abundant source of Vitamin A that is rich in caroteinoids that perform as antioxidants. It prevents the chances of macular degeneration and promotes clarity in vision. It improves the eye health by eliminating free radicals.
- Digestive health
This oil has high content of fiber that promotes the digestive health, lowers diarrhea, bloating, cramps and constipation. It also assists to eliminate bad cholesterol from system. It helps to improve the heart health.
- Smoothen hair
Pequi oil could be used as serums for making the hair shiny, soft and radiant. Pequi oil should be used to massage hair thrice a week
- Treat split ends
Pequi oil is helpful for the treatment of rough, brittle and damaged hair. It could be used as a deep conditioning treatment to eliminate split ends.
- Treat skin problems
Pequi oil counteract with the skin infections such as chronic dry skin conditions and eczema. It possess fatty acids that could moisturize skin and keep the skin hydrated and nourished.
- Moisturize skin
This oil could be used for moisturizing skin. It also speeds up healing process of wound and increases hydration of skin. It should be applied twice in a day before sleep.
- Massage oil
Pequi oil could be used as a body massage after mixing it with rosemary oil, coconut oil and extra virgin oil. It could be applied with cotton on face and wash it after 20 minutes.
- It soothes cracked, dry, problem and damaged skin.
- It helps to condition and nourish the hair, restore lifeless hair and lower frizziness.
- It assist in healing of scars, showing blemishes and also prevents premature signs of aging.
- It is used to treat skin lesions and eczema.
- It maintains skin elasticity and also lighten the age spots.
- It helps to prevent the symptoms of psoriasis such as scaling and dryness.
- It evens out skin tone and also smoothen wrinkles and lines.
- It is used to cure the skin problems such as psoriasis, cracked skin and eczema.
- It softens brittle nails if applied to feet and hands.
- It is used as a treatment for mild dermatophytosis.
- This oil lowers total cholesterol level and LDL cholesterol in men.
- It could cure cancer ailments such as sarcomas.
- It lowers inflammation as well as blood pressure.
- It could cause sleeping problems, mild fatigue and stomach upset.
- People with health problems should use after consulting the doctor.
- Avoid excessive use.
- It is used as cooking oil.
- It is used for manufacturing creams, soaps, emollients, lotions, moisturizers and balms.
- It is also used in hair care products such as hair oils, conditioners and serums.
- It is also used for the production of cosmetic products.
- This oil could be used as biodiesel.
Pequi oil facts
|Name||Pequi Oil uses and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Caryocar braziliensis|
|Native||Pequi tree is native to Brazil. It is also available in Caatinga, Amazon, Atlantic Forest and Cerrado.|
|Common/English Name||Souari nut|
|Extraction method||Cold pressed, refined|
|Color||Yellow to dark amber hue|
|Aroma||Characteristics, fruity, sweet, nutty|