|Perilla seed oil benefits and uses Quick Facts|
|Name:||Perilla seed oil benefits and uses|
|Scientific Name:||Perilla Frutescens|
|Origin||It is grown in India, China, Korea, Japan, Pakistan, Thailand and Japan.|
|Colors||Clear, light yellow|
|Health benefits||Moisturize skin, Nourishes scalp, Treat asthma, Relieve itching, Prevents sunstroke|
Health Benefits of Perilla seed oil
- It is used to soothe, moisturize and protect dry, mature, sensitive and cracked.
- It makes the skin look young and softer.
- It also nourishes scalp and hair by protecting it.
- It repairs premature skin.
- It makes the skin calmer, clearer and toned with refreshed look.
- It is used to soothe stomachache, treat asthma, coughs and relieve muscle spasms.
- It could be used as antiseptic for acne prone skin.
- It provides relief from itching and swelling of skin.
- It prevents the skin condition such as eczema and acne.
- It prevents the conditions such as memory problems and colon cancer.
- It improves memory and learning in children as well as adults.
- It provides relief from the conditions such as sunstroke and nausea.
- Due to its cleansing properties, it is used as a skin cleanser.
- It lowers the chances of clogged and oily skin.
- It would be better to consult the doctor for use.
- Use it in moderate amounts.
- The people who are allergic to Perilla should avoid using this oil.
- Sensitive people might get allergic reactions.
How to Eat
- It is used in salad dressings, sauté vegetables and other low temperature cooking.
- It is used to enhance flavor as cooking oil in Korean cuisines.
- It is used as an ingredient for dressing Korean salads to provide earthy taste.
Perilla seed oil is used in varnishes, paints, printing ink, linoleum, lacquers and protective waterproof coatings.
Perilla seed oil facts
Perilla seed oil is a great source of essential fatty acid and alpha-linolenic acid and is also used in Asian cuisines. It is used to treat allergies, lower inflammaton in the body, chances of cancer, promote rheumatoid arthritis and promotes cardiovascular health by lowering the chances of cholesterol plaques, blood clots, stroke and heart attack. The oil is extracted by crushing or pressing seeds. The roasted seeds provides more intense flavor.
|Name||Perilla seed oil benefits and uses|
|Scientific Name of Perilla||Perilla Frutescens|
|Native||It is grown in India, China, Korea, Japan, Pakistan, Thailand and Japan.|
|Common/English Name of Perilla||Shiso, Perilla mint, Chinese basil, Japanese mint|
|Name in Other Languages of Perilla||Korean: deulgireum (들기름);|
|Extraction method||Expeller pressed, bleached, refined, deodorized|
|Color||Clear, light yellow|
|Aroma||Characteristics, sweet, light, nutty|