|Indian asparagus Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Asparagus Racemosus|
|Origin||Africa, Australia, India and Asia|
|Colors||Green when young turning to red and later blackish-purple as they matures|
|Shapes||Three lobed, globose berry up to 6 mm in diameter|
|Health benefits||For Healthy Heart, Gastric Problems, Blood Clots, Cure an array of medical conditions, Helps with Breast milk production, Treats Urinary Tract Infections, Reduces Cholesterol, For Weight Loss, Relieves stress and anxiety, Cures Epilepsy, Maintains Blood Cholesterol Level, Maintains Homocysteine Level, Relieves Depression, Male Reproductive System, Treats Rheumatism, Reduces mood swings, Acts as a diuretic, Fights PMS, Improves Fertility, Natural antibiotic, Respiratory System, Fights Tumor, Controls Diabetes, Cures Hangovers, For Eye Care, Treats Tuberculosis, Treats Neuro degenerative Diseases|
The herb is also an adaptogenic herb. Adaptogenic herbs are said to help your body cope with physical and emotional stress. Shatavari is considered a general health tonic to improve vitality, making it a staple in ayurvedic medicine. Roots of this natural herb are rich in medicinal properties and are regularly used in preparation of ayurvedic medicines. Because of destructive harvesting, combined with habitat destruction, and deforestation, the plant is now considered “endangered” in its natural habitat.
Indian asparagus is a woody scandent, much-branched, spinous under-shrub, climbing plant that grows about 1–2 m (3 ft. 3 in–6 ft. 7 in) tall. The plant is found growing in forests, thickets, shady, moist places, plains from the coast, in scrub jungle, hill slopes, forest borders and fallow lands. The plant prefers well-drained fertile sandy-loam to clay-loam soil. It also does best in gravelly, rocky soils high up in piedmont plains. Root is numerous and fusiform, succulent, spindle shaped and tuberous with a diameter of about 0.5 to 1.5 cm and it arises as a cluster from the basal end of the stem. It is light ash-colored externally and white internally, more or less smooth when fresh, but on drying, develop longitudinal wrinkles and lack any well-marked odor. Stem is woody, sparsely covered with recurve spines. Leaves are small pine-needle-like phylloclades (photosynthetic branches) that are uniform and shiny green.
Flower & Fruit
Flower is white with a pink tinge, fragrant, about 2-3 mm long; bell-shaped with 6 petals occur in solitary or fascicled, 2.5–5 cm long, racemes. Stamens are equal, 0.7 mm; anthers yellow and minute. Flowering normally occurs from June-July. Fertile flowers are followed by three lobed, globose berries that are up to 6 mm in diameter. Fruits are initially green when young turning to red and later blackish-purple as they mature. Seeds are black in color and hard with brittle testa.
Shatavari’s binomial name is Asparagus racemosus. It was botanically described for the first time in 1799. It is considered an important part in Indian Ayurveda medicine. Since then, it has been greeted for multiple alternative health remedies.
Shatavari, or the ‘Indian asparagus’ or ‘wild asparagus,’ is a popular herb in Ayurveda medicine. It is known for its many health benefits. It has a good reputation as a reproductive tonic for both men and women, nourishes body tissues and provides vitality and strength. It comes with different names. Some of these are Vrishya, Shatuli, and Kurilo. Another name is Shatawari. In Indian, the word’s translation means “curer of one hundred diseases.”
Health benefits of Indian asparagus
Shatavari, also known as satavari, satavar, or Asparagus racemosus (A. racemosus), is said to promote fertility and have a range of health benefits, mostly for the female reproductive system. The herb is thought to be adaptogenic, which means that it may help to regulate the body’s systems and improve resistance to stress.
1. For Healthy Heart
Shatavari provides human body few vital vitamins including Vitamin B1, folic acid and Vitamin b6 which are necessary for proper functioning of cardiovascular system. It decreases risks of heart diseases and guarantees health of your heart. As you know that Shatavari extract decreases high blood pressure.
2. Gastric Problems
Shatavari is known to treat gastric problems. Dried roots are turned into powder and it can be made into a juice. The consumption of this juice is perfect to cure ulcers and other ailments occurring in the gastrointestinal tract. If this plant is consumed frequently, it can also cure gastroparesis. This disease usually causes diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and heartburn.
3. Blood Clots
Shatavari supplies body with sufficient quantities of vitamin K. Vitamin K plays vital role in clotting of blood. It is vital in preventing blood clots in arteries. It helps reduce risk of coronary artery disorder. You can also have Shatavari capsules for your better health.
4. Cure an array of medical conditions
Shatavari is very beneficial for the body and can act as a diuretic so that excess fluid can be removed from the body. Boiled leaves on the Shatavari can be used to cure hormonal imbalances, rheumatism, fever and headaches. In most cases, it can also help diabetes patients by controlling their blood sugar levels to a great extent.
5. Helps with Breast milk production
Young mothers usually find it hard to breast feed their newborns due to very little milk production. This can happen due to a variety of reasons such as anaemia, low blood pressure or simply stress. Consuming Shatavari everyday helps to facilitate and regulate milk production. This method is ideal for the nourishment of young babies so that their immune system becomes stronger. Also Shatavari is a natural herb so it doesn’t cause any harm to the child.
6. Treats Urinary Tract Infections
An Asparagus racemosus consists of antiurolithiatic effect, which helps to cure urinary tract infections. Due to the vegetable’s diuretic properties, consumption of this herb increases the frequency and volume of urination. This helps to detoxify and flush the toxic waste out of the body.
7. Reduces Cholesterol
Shatavari root powder has numerous compounds like saponins, flavonoids and ascorbic acid which increase the excretion of cholesterol. Asparagus Racemosus helps reduce bad cholesterol and promotes the generation of good cholesterol which helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
8. For Weight Loss
Diuretic effect of Shatavari may reduce bloating of body. Shatavari is often considered part of weight loss diet. Apart from the above there is not much evidence about Shatavari reducing weight. However, as a diet it offers various nutrients and very less calories along with enough dietary fibers, which makes it good food for weight loss diet.
9. Relieves stress and anxiety
Due to work pressure, performance pressure, education and mental traumas stress has become a daily part of our lives. We usually ignore it and the next thing we know is, it makes us under-perform and makes it difficult to lead a happy life. Stress and tension can easily be reduced by Shatavari due to its ability to strengthen the immune system. This helps our mind and body to relax and cope up with everyday challenges which might cause tension and anxiety.
10. Cures Epilepsy
Epilepsy is one of the chronic disorders that affects your brain and leads to recurrent convulsions or seizures. Brain transmits abnormal signals as a result of irreversible changes in the brain tissues. The roots of Shatavari can be used as an antiepileptic for curing the symptoms of epilepsy.
11. Maintains Blood Cholesterol Level
The wealth of antioxidants present in Shatavari has the potential to treat oxidative stress, along with other disorders such as hyperlipidemia and hypercholesterolemia. These diseases indicate the presence of high fat and also high cholesterol content in the body, which can further pose a major threat for fatal conditions like cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis. Shatavari plays an important role to treat these diseases.
12. Maintains Homocysteine Level
Deficiency of vitamin B in the body can elevate the levels of homocysteine and increase the risk of damage to blood vessels, venous thrombosis in which clotting of blood happens in the veins, atherosclerosis, and other cardiac disorders.
Shatavari herb is generally rich in B vitamins that help in maintaining healthy levels of homocysteine, which is produced in the blood when an amino acid (methionine) breaks down in the body. Vitamin B, especially folate, B6, and B12 plays an important role in converting homocysteine into cysteine, which then gets converted back to methionine as per the normal methylation cycle.
13. Relieves Depression
Shatavari is used as one of the anti-anxiety and antidepressant drugs. It helps in enhancing the memory, increases the production, and secretion of estrogen and it also has a revitalizing and calming effect on the nervous system.
14. Male Reproductive System
Although, Withania somnifera is considered a potent male tonic; Asparagus racemosus has also been tested for its aphrodisiac properties to potentially boost male sexual health. Investigations have purported that the herb supports a healthy sperm count, improves sexual debilities like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, increases reproductive fluids, and improves semen quantity and quality.
15. Treats Rheumatism
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic condition that causes inflammation of the joints. As the consumption of folate-rich food like Shatavari, which also possesses anti-inflammatory properties, may help to relieve the pain and ease the overall poor functioning in the body associated with arthritis
16. Reduces mood swings
Mood swings are more common in women than in men. This can occur due to menstruation, pregnancy or hormonal problems. Mood swings can not only spoil our mood but also make it difficult for us to interact with people. Consuming Shatavari on a regular basis can help to combat mood swings easily.
17. Acts as a diuretic
Shatvari helps to fight against urinary tract problems and infections. It also maintains health of the urinary bladder. Apart from this, regular consumption of Shatavari can help to reduce kidney stones in size and sometime cure it completely.
19. Fights PMS
Shatavari extract can be used effectively for easing premenstrual bloating. Presence of essential nutrients in it helps to combat depression and fatigue, as well as reduce menstrual cramps. It also helps in controlling blood loss and maintaining hormonal balance during menstruation.
20. Improves Fertility
Root of Shatavari herb is widely respected in Ayurvedic therapy and which means ‘one who has 100 husbands’. Shatavari has aphrodisiac properties and it is used to regulate the hormones and also cures male and female sexual disorders. It has anti-anxiety properties and helps in curing physical and mental debility in males. It also helps in enhancing the libido and boosts sperm count and its motility.
In females, Shatavari has been proven to be effective in menopausal syndrome and anemia. Shatavari has been trusted as a galactagogue and it is also valued for its effectiveness in improving the quality and quantity of the breast milk while boosting the appetite of nursing women.
21. Natural antibiotic
Often we experience diseases which are a result of certain infection; Shatvari acts as a natural anti-biotic to cure diseases like Staphyoloccus, E.coli, dysenteriae and cholera. It also helps to make the immune system much stronger so that it can prevent life threatening diseases from occurring.
22. Respiratory System
Shatavari is traditionally used in enhancing respiratory health since it exerts a cooling and moistening effect soothing dry and inflamed mucous membranes in the respiratory tract. Its immune-modulatory properties help the body improve its defenses against foreign bodies that infiltrate the respiratory tract.
23. Fights Tumor
Shatavari herb consists of a particular variety of phytonutrients known as saponins. As you all know that saponins generally possess anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
Along with the chemo-preventive efficiency, it also helps in elevating the levels of glutathione, an antioxidant and detoxifying compound. It also helps in the prevention of many diseases like HIV, AIDS, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, anemia, cancer and also various cardiac disorders.
24. Controls Diabetes
Anti-inflammatory nutrients present in Shatavari helps in reducing the risk of chronic health ailments, including type 2 diabetes. This amazing beneficial effect is also attributed to the presence of the mineral chromium, which plays a vital role in regulating the blood sugar levels of the body. That also helps in keeping a check on blood sugar levels, improves insulin secretion, and provides an anti-diabetic effect.
25. Cures Hangovers
Shatavari herb extract consists of few essential amino acids that are more effective in curing hangovers. As you know a hangover refers to the unpleasant physiological effect caused due to substantial consumption of alcoholic drinks. Its symptoms include anxiety, fatigue, and stomach disorders like nausea, vomiting, and dehydration. Leaves and shoots of Shatavari consist of a good amount of inorganic mineral content, which also aids in the protection of the liver cells from the toxic effects of alcohol.
26. For Eye Care
Shatavari is a good source of vitamin A, which is necessary for healthy vision. Due to the presence of antioxidants in this herb it helps in defending the retina from the damage caused by the oxygen-free radicals. Presence of the amino acid glutathione in it also helps in reducing the risk of eye ailments such as cataracts and night blindness. You can also have Shatavari capsules for an easy way to protect your eyes.
27. Treats Tuberculosis
Herb is also known for its effectiveness in curing bronchitis and tuberculosis. It improves the functioning of lung tissues and helps in treating throat infections as well.
28. Treats Neuro degenerative Diseases
Shatavari is effective in treating neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s diseases. These beneficial effects are attributed to the presence of phytoestrogens in it that have certain neuro-protective effects. Neurodegenerative diseases are genetic or periodic conditions affecting the neurons of the human brain and the body does not normally have the ability to replace the damaged neurons.
Traditional uses and benefits of Indian asparagus
- Shatavari is the most important herb in Ayurvedic medicine for dealing with problems connected women’s fertility.
- Rhizome is a soothing tonic that acts mainly on the circulatory, digestive, respiratory and female reproductive organs.
- Root is alterative, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, demulcent, diuretic, galactogogue and refrigerant.
- It is taken internally in the treatment of infertility, loss of libido, threatened miscarriage, menopausal problems, hyperacidity, stomach ulcers and bronchial infections.
- Externally it is used to treat stiffness in the joints.
- Root is used fresh in the treatment of dysentery.
- Whole plant is used in the treatment of diarrhea, rheumatism, diabetes and brain complaints.
- Extracts made from dried roots are used for various reproductive and hormonal issues in women.
- It is also used to promote milk production in nursing mothers, and for gastric ulcers and indigestion.
- It is best used for rejuvenating female reproductive system. It improves fertility and regulates menstruation.
- Shatavari eases the pain at the beginning of menses and ovulation.
- It strengthens the uterus during pregnancy, baby birth and induces lactation. It helps in balancing hormones secretion and tones up the whole body.
- This herb boosts the secretion of estrogen and provides relief from Menopausal symptoms like hot flashes.
- During pregnancy, it reduces Morning Sickness.
- In lactating mothers, it increases the secretion of milk and acts as a Galactogogue.
- Being Aphrodisiac in nature, it improves sexual debility and cures impotence in males. It plays an important role in treating spermatorrhoea and decreases Inflammation of sexual organs.
- Asparagus Racemosus increases the count of white blood cells. It combats Candida by stimulating the macrophages.
- It improves the immune system and therefore, reduces the risk of infectious diseases. Its detoxicating property flushes the toxins from the body.
- It maintains acidic level in the stomach and tones up the intestinal lining.
- It aids in healthy digestion and cures Indigestion.
- Being Laxative, it eases the functioning of bowels and prevents Bloating and Constipation.
- It is effective in curing diarrhea, dysentery, abdominal problems, burning sensation and navel pain during eating.
- Shatavari minimizes the risk of chronic health issues including diabetes. It consists of Chromium mineral which regulates the levels of blood sugar in the body.
- Presence of Amino Acids in this herb helps to cure Hangover. It prevents the toxic attack of alcohol and protects the liver cells.
- It is recommended in the Ayurveda for the prevention and treatment of reproductive disorders of women such as sexual debility, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, endometriosis, gonorrhea, prolapse of uterus etc.
- Tubers are used to cure stomach troubles, to remove stones from the urinary tract and to quench thirst.
Ayurvedic Health benefits of Indian asparagus
- Fever: Take dried roots of Asparagus Racemosus. Grind them to make fine powder. Take 1 tsp twice a day with warm water.
- Gonorrhea: Asparagus Racemosus tuber juice helps in the treatment of Gonorrhea. Mix one teaspoon of Asparagus Racemosus tuber juice in one cup of Milk. Drink it.
- Tuberculosis: Take 1 tsp root powder of Asparagus Racemosus with warm water once a day.
- Cough: Mix 1 tsp seed powder of Asparagus Racemosus with 4 tsp Honey. Take it, thrice a day.
- Nausea: Crush seeds of Asparagus Racemosus to make powder. Mix 25 g obtained powder with 100 g Honey. Take 1 tsp three times a day.
- Stomach Rumble: Make paste of powdered Asparagus Racemosus seeds with Honey. Take it, thrice a day.
- Throat Irritation: Take one tsp of powdered seeds of Asparagus Racemosus with Honey three times a day.
- Indigestion: Make root decoction of Asparagus Racemosus. Filter and drink by adding some Honey.
- Taste Disorder: Drink decoction of Asparagus root with Honey. Use twice a day.
- Leucorrhea: Extract leaf juice of Asparagus Racemosus. Mix 1 tsp of it in 1 cup of milk. Drink during bedtime.
- Beriberi: Eat one cup of raw Asparagus Racemosus leaves daily.
- Aphrodisiac: Powder Asparagus Racemosus. Have one teaspoon with milk at night.
- Abscess: Steam the leaves to soften them. Put little ghee over it. Bandage it over the affected part.
- Acid reflux: Crush the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus. Extract its juice. Mix it in equal quantity of water. Take 10 ml of it once a day.
- Burning sensation in foot sole: Mix tuber juice of Asparagus Racemosus with Vetiver. Apply this paste to the sole of Feet.
- High blood pressure: Drink tuber juice of Asparagus Racemosus by adding 1 tsp Honey in it. Have it once a day.
- Heavy menstrual Bleeding: Add 1 tsp Honey in 30 ml tuber juice of Asparagus Racemosus. Have it once a day.
- Jaundice: Take 50 ml tuber juice of Asparagus Racemosus. Add 5 ml Honey in it. Drink twice a day.
- Diarrhea: Boil fresh Asparagus Racemosus roots in one cup of Milk for 10 minutes. Consume 5 ml of it daily. It is an effective remedy for children suffering from Diarrhea.
- Alzheimer: Take one tablespoon of dried roots of Asparagus Racemosus daily with a glass of water.
- Bloody stools: Take the fresh root. Make a decoction of it. Consume it once a day.
- Small Pox: Take the fresh leaves of Asparagus Racemosus. Make a paste of it. Utilize its application externally on the septic area. Apply it once a day.
- Pemphigus: Take fresh leaves of Asparagus Racemosus. Make a paste of it. Utilize it for application externally on the septic area. Apply it once a day.
- Dysentery: Take 2 to 3 gm. root mixed powder of Asparagus with 120 to 130 ml of Goat’s milk. Stir it into the milk and drink it. A strict diet of Rice Milk is recommended. Consume this 2 to 3 times a day.
- Edema: Crush the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus and prepare a paste. Consume it orally with a glass of fresh water twice a day.
- Headache: Use the whole plant of Asparagus Racemosus and extract juice from it. Massage your forehead with this juice twice a day.
- Azoospermia: Take 4 to 5 grams of root powder of Asparagus Racemosus and stir it well into lukewarm milk. Drink once a day.
- Oophorectomy: Take 5 to 6 grams of powdered root of Asparagus Racemosus. Mix it with milk and drink it once a day.
- Menopause: Take 4 to 6 gram of powdered roots of Asparagus Racemosus and take orally with lukewarm milk. Consume it once a day.
- Nervine: Take 3 to 4 gram of powdered Asparagus Racemosus, and orally consume it with lukewarm milk once a day. It will stimulate calm and strengthen your Nervous System.
- Antibacterial: Cook the roots of Asparagus Racemosus in milk and drink it once a day.
- Difficult Menses: Add 3 to 6 grams of root powder of Asparagus Racemosus into lukewarm milk and stir it well. Drink once a day.
- Water Retention: Take 1 to 2 capsules a day. It will stop your body from bloating and drain water properly from the body.
- Hysterectomy: Take one to two capsules twice a day before meals along with glass water.
- Gastric Catarrh: Process the roots of Asparagus Racemosus into the milk. Consume it once a day.
- Menstrual Disorders: Crush the roots of Asparagus Racemosus along with 25 grams of parboiled rice and prepare a paste out of it. Now make a pancake out of this paste. Eat one cake at a time twice a day. Consume it for 3 to 4 days. Note: Use this medicine once menses starts.
- Amnesia: Crush the tubers of Asparagus Racemosus and prepare a paste. Orally, consume it with a glass of milk twice a day. Repeat it for three to four days to increase memory.
- Hydrocele: Take the tubers of Asparagus Racemosus. Extract juice from it. Consume one teaspoon orally twice a day. Repeat it for at least four days. Pediatric dose: One teaspoon of the juice once a day for at least three to four days.
- Spermatorrhea: Crush the tubers of Asparagus Racemosus and prepare a paste of it. Orally, consume the paste with a glass of Sugar Candy water twice a day for 5 days.
- Kidney stones: Grind the tubers of Asparagus Racemosus and prepare a paste. Consume it orally with a glass of fresh water twice a day for five to six days.
- Haemophilia: Take 5 to 6 gram of root powder of Asparagus Racemosus. Drink it along with lukewarm milk. Consume it once a day. Keep on repeating until you get cured.
- Abdominal Mass: Consume 1 to 2 capsules twice a day with lukewarm water. A visit to your practitioner is a must.
- Eye Diseases: Take the tubers of Asparagus Racemosus and grind them. Extract juice from it. Drink 15 to 20 ml of this juice twice a day
- Anorexia: Add 2 tablespoons of Asparagus Racemosus powder into a glass of water. Drink this mixture once a day to improve your appetite.
- Breast Milk Insufficient: Take one teaspoon of dried Asparagus Racemosus root powder. Mix this powder in one glass of Milk. Consume it.
- Reproductive problems of Females: Extract the juice of Asparagus Racemosus tuber. Mix one teaspoon of this juice in one cup of Milk. Consume it daily, once a day. It helps in strengthening of Reproductive System of Females.
- Immunity Booster: Asparagus Racemosus increases the count of white blood cells. It combats Candida by stimulating the macrophages. Consume one teaspoon of Asparagus Racemosus root powder with one glass of lukewarm water.
- Sexual Debility: Asparagus Racemosus increases sexual drive of both men and women. It nourishes the Female organs, help in balancing the estrogen levels, improves Fertility and treats Vaginal Dryness. Powder Asparagus Racemosus roots. Have one teaspoon with one cup of Milk at night.
- Libido loss Female: Asparagus Racemosus increases sexual drive in women. It nourishes the Female organs, help in balancing the estrogen levels, improves Fertility and treats Vaginal Dryness. Powder Asparagus Racemosus roots. Consume one teaspoon of this powder with one cup of Milk at night.
- Peptic Ulcer: Extract the juice of Asparagus Racemosus tuber. Mix the extracted juice in equal quantity of water. Take 10 ml of it once a day.
- Gastroparesis: Extract the juice of Asparagus Racemosus roots. Mix it with equal amount of lukewarm water. Consume one teaspoon of this mixture.
- Demulcent: Extract the juice of fresh Asparagus Racemosus roots with equal amount of Honey. Consume one teaspoon of it.
- Gout: Take equal quantity seeds of Asparagus Racemosus, Black Cumin, Fenugreek and Carom. Take 5 g every morning with warm water.
- Lower back Pain: Mix seeds of Asparagus Racemosus , Black Cumin, Fenugreek and Carom. Take 1 tsp of it every morning.
- Rheumatism: Prepare seed mixture of Asparagus Racemosus, Black Cumin, Fenugreek and Carom. Eat 1 tsp in morning with warm water.
- Mumps: Make seed paste of Asparagus Racemosus and Fenugreek with water. Apply it, locally on affected areas.
- Sexual debility: Mix equal quantity of Asparagus Racemosus root juice with Butter. Add milk in it and boil. Add sugar, Honey and Long Pepper in it. Drink once a day. Use for few days.
- Oligospermia: Take Half cup Powdered Black gram, Half cup Powdered Velvet Bean, to 4 pinches Powdered Shatavari, 3 to 4 pinches Powdered Ashwagandha, 3 to 4 pinches powdered Licorice, 2 tablespoons Cow’s milk ghee, 2 tablespoons Kudzu Fruit Juice, 2 tablespoons Sugarcane Juice, 1 tablespoon Powdered Mishri, 1 tablespoon Honey. 1 pinch Long Pepper and Half glass Cow’s milk. Take a wok. Put all dry ingredients except Long Pepper and 3 glasses water in it. Boil till it remains 1/4. Add Clarified Butter, Kudzu Juice, Sugarcane Juice and Milk. Heat again till Clarified Butter floats to the top. Stir time to time. Remove from heat. Add Sugar Candy, Honey and Long Pepper. Mix all. Have one teaspoon once a day. Preferable at night.
- Asthenospermia: Take 100 gram Black gram, 100 gram Velvet Bean, 10 gram Asparagus Racemosus, 10 gram Withania Somnifera and 10 gram Licorice. Powder them together. Boil in 10 glasses of water till it remains 1/4 part. Add half cup Ghee, half cup Kudzu, half cup Sugarcane juice and 2 glass milk (Cow). Heat on low flame till Ghee floats and remove from heat. Now add 4 tablespoons Sugar Candy, 4 tablespoons Honey and 4 pinches Long Pepper powder. Stir. Have one teaspoon once a day.
- Libido loss male: Take 5 tablespoons Withania Somnifera, 5 tablespoons Asparagus Racemosus, 1.5 tablespoons Dodder, 2 pinches Saffron, 1 tablespoon Anacyclus Pyrethrum, 1 tablespoon Nutmeg and 1/2 tablespoon Marsh Orchid . Grind all ingredients together. Have half teaspoon with milk daily.
- Libido Loss male: Take 2 tablespoons Shilajit, 2 tablespoons Indian Spider Plant, 1/4 teaspoon Saffron and 2 tablespoons Asparagus. Powder them together. Take 1/4 teaspoon twice a day with milk for 2 months. (Note: You may continue this medicine after a gap of 3 months, if problem persists.)
- Impotence: Take 50 grams Asphaltum, 50 grams Indian Spider Plant, 50 grams Asparagus Racemosus and 4 to 5 grams Saffron. Grind them together. Take half teaspoon with milk once a day for 2 months. (Note: You may continue this medicine after a break of 2 or 3 months, if needed.)
- Oligospermia: Mix 5 tablespoons powdered Asphaltum, 5 tablespoons powdered Indian Spider Plant, 5 tablespoons Asparagus Racemosus powdered and 5 pinches Saffron. Take half teaspoon with milk twice a day for 3 months. (Note: If problem persists, you may continue after 3 months.)
- Impotence: Mix tuber juice of Asparagus Racemosus with Butter and Milk in 1:1:8 ratios. Mix well till it gets waxy consistency. Add 20 g each of Jaggery, Honey and Long Pepper. Take 1 tsp of the mixture twice a day.
- Weakness: Powder 2 tablespoon Ashwagandha, 5 to 8 strands Saffron, 1 tablespoon Asparagus Racemosus, 1 tablespoon Nutmeg, 1 tablespoon Golden Bamboo, 1 tablespoon Indian Kudzu. Add the extract of 1 tablespoon Indian Spider Plant Extract and 1 tablespoon Shilajit Extract. Store in a glass jar. Leave it for a week. After a week, take 2 pinches with a glass of lukewarm milk on alternate nights before going to bed. These two pinches will relieve you of stress, enhance your mood, remove depression and lead you to a bout of healthy sex. (Note 1: This is not a classic aphrodisiac. It is not to be used like viagra or cialis. It should not be considered a love potion. This combination is to improve your overall health.). (Note 2: It acts equally well for male and female. If you are a female and feeling low. This is for you.) (Caution: However, females need to exercise a little caution. Do not partake of this combination 2 to 3 days before, during and 2 to 3 days after your menses.)
- Endometriosis: Mix well 2 tablespoon Asparagus Racemosus powder in a glass of warm Milk. Take 2 times a day.
- Tumors: Take the fresh root juice of Asparagus Racemosus. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon of Honey. Consume it one time a day. This treatment diminishes the burning sensation and pain during Tumors.
- Fever: Brun down the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus and 7 Black Peppers. Grind them along with the burnt tuber to prepare a paste. Consume it with a glass of lukewarm water once a day orally. OR: Grind and prepare a paste of the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus and 20 gm. raw form of turmeric. Extract the juice from the paste. Consume one teaspoon once a day orally.
- Headache: Grind and prepare a paste of the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus. Before using it, massage your forehead with Castor Oil, and then apply the paste over the forehead once a day. Repeat the process until you get complete relief from Headache.
- Diabetes: Take the tuber of Asparagus Racemosus, Elephantopus Scaber roots, fruits of Giant Potato and 40 to 50 gm. of Sugar Candy. Make a paste of all the herbs. Consume this paste orally with one glass of water once a day for at least a week.
- Breast Milk Insufficient: Prepare a paste of 5 to 6 gm. of tuber of Asparagus Racemosus and 21 Black Peppers. Consume it orally with a glass of water, empty stomach twice a day. Follow the procedure for three to four days to promote milk for lactation.
- Respiratory disease: Take the juice of Basil, Indian Gooseberry, Asparagus Racemosus, Ginger and Licorice. Mixed them all in a glass of water 20 to 30 ml. drink it twice a day. Once in the morning and on the same day before dinner
- Aging: Take 2 to 3 grams of Asparagus Racemosus powder, 2 to 3 grams Withania Semnifora powder, Ghee and Honey. Prepare a mixture of it. Take it orally once a day until get cured.
- Throat Disorders: Take each and equal amount of 5 to 6 grams of powdered roots of Asparagus Racemosus, Sweet Flag and Sida Cordifolia. Consume it orally thrice a day.
- Blurred Vision: Take one teaspoon of powdered Asparagus Racemosus and mixed it in a half teaspoon of Honey. Consume this mixture twice a day with warm cow’s milk.
- Prostate Enlargement: Take half teaspoon each of Gokshura, Caesalpinia bonducella, Areca Catechu, Asparagus Recemosus, Crataeva Nurvala and Agate Gemstone. Take them daily after meals for three months. OR Buy capsules containing all the above herbs. Take 1 tablet 2 times a day, daily after meals.
How to Take Shatavari Root
Including Shatavari into your herbal regimen is pretty straightforward. Shatavari can be effective when taken on its own or as part of an herbal formula.
- It can be taken as a tea by simply adding shatavari powder to warm water. It’s rasa is bitter and sweet, and it actually tastes good, making the powder easily palatable.
- 30 drops of Shatavari liquid extract in warm water or juice is a convenient and fast-acting option.
- Shatavari root powder is pressed into small tablets, which can be taken as part of your herbal supplements.
- There are also many formulas that mix shatavari with other herbs to enhance its benefits. For example, it is often mixed with ashwagandha, another reproductive tonic, and it does well with ashoka, rose, turmeric, and musta.
- Looking for a ready-made formula? We also offer Women’s Support tablets and Women’s Natural Transition tablets, both of which take advantage of Shatavari’s work within the reproductive tissue layer.
- For deep rejuvenation, many people enjoy a traditional preparation of shatavari ghee.
- It may cause skin rashes or Eczema because of Asparagus detoxification effect, and will disappear in few days.
- If these rashes cause irritation or pain, apply turmeric paste or Aloe Vera gel over them.
- Do not take in case of Kidney Disease.
- Supplement may also cause low blood sugar. People taking medications or herbal remedies to lower blood sugar should refrain from taking shatavari.
- Shatavari should be avoided by people who have kidney or heart disorders as consuming it might prove fatal.
- Weight gain can also occur for some people.
- In some women, it may also lead to variation in the size of the breasts which may not be favorable.